Principal Web Developer
San Francisco, CA
Software Engineering – Cloud
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
You will join us as our first and only in-house Principal Full Stack Web Developer. We’re bringing our agency development work in-house. You will own our public facing website. You will be designing and implementing new web application features that provide effective and engaging experiences to our prospects and customers.
You will work closely with our Sr Web Developer who focuses on front end development. You’ll work alongside the Growth team to maintain and manage ongoing improvements to Molekule.com, a crucial eCommerce engine that acquires new customers and services existing customers.
What's in it for you
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance, challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, work schedule flexibility
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own
- You will own end to end web development for molekule.com with a mobile first focus
- You will establish and evangelize best practices for the Molekule.com website
- You will review, research, and improve the effectiveness of our website throughout the marketing funnel through measurable recommendations
- You will manage third party agencies to support the business vision while maintaining departmental cost efficiencies
- You will work through a variety of technical challenges that will require creativity and close collaboration across internal functions (marketing, creative, UX, product, etc)
- You will work on issues that impact the success of current development projects and address future concepts, products or technologies
- You will contribute to our repository of code in Github
- You will work with key decision makers
What you bring to the team
- You have 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 12 years and a Master's degree; or PhD with 8 years of experience
- You have experience with our tech stack or similar technologies
- Backend: PHP
- Front end: Vue, HTML, CSS
- You have extensive knowledge of mobile first, responsive design, SEO, web standards and modern browsers
- You have experience with Agile development methodologies
- You have experience working with Application Lifecycle Management systems such as Github or similar
- A solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. AWS, HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- You have experience with test automation of backend and frontend web applications
- As an expert in the field, you have experience using professional concepts in developing resolution to critical issues and broad development matters.
What else you could bring
- Proficiency with Magento, cloud infrastructure, and security protocols related to web development
- Work with our App, IoT, ERP, Firmware, and Cloud teams to ensure end-to-end coordination
- Contribute to building our dev tools and architecture to enable us to accelerate new tests, website features/functionality into production at scale
- You have experience working with a tool chain across infrastructure, data, continuous integration, back end, front end, and 3rd party integrations with new things to pick up on the way
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.