Contract Magento Developer
San Francisco, CA /
IT – IT /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is a science and clean technology start-up that has completely reinvented the air purifier using a revolutionary new technology.
Powered by 20 years of R&D, Molekule’s technology destroys airborne pollutants (pathogens, VOCs, SOx, NOx, etc.) instead of trying to trap them on filter surfaces.
Join us in helping the world breathe better!
Our Ecommerce and IT team is looking for a Contract Magento Developer to join our growing team. The individual will be responsible for architecture, design and implementation of our ecommerce site supporting B2C and B2B lines of business. We are currently on Magento Commerce platform and this could change in the future as we identify a new ecommerce platform to support our growth.
The individual must have past experience of doing hands on development work on Magento commerce. The candidate will focus on implementing feature enhancements and bug fixes in the current Magento platform short term and will support the team in the new platform selection process. Work will involve interacting with business/marketing teams to gather requirements, overseeing 3rd party implementation team work, managing estimates, performing code reviews while also building and implementing new features. This includes theming from scratch, installing all necessary 3rd party modules, identifying where custom-built modules are needed and modifying our subscription model experience. You will work closely with project managers and other agency developers internally and externally to establish a process to support ongoing releases.
You will report to VP of IT and work closely with: our vendor development partners, internal software engineers, product managers, and UI/UX designers.
What's In It For You
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance, challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What You Will Own
- Ecommerce site development and entire SDLC : Design, develop, test, fix bugs and support
- Design, architecture definition and Magento implementation
- Develop new features for B2C and B2B experience
- Develop new Magento modules and maintain current modules
- Manage implementation partner deliverables, estimates, performing code reviews
- Develop technical strategies using Magento’s code structure and extension architecture
- Regularly update our Magento core installation
- Install security patches, perform testing as development representative
- Quality, security, scalability and stability review commits before they are committed to the live site
- Troubleshooting and optimization of application code and web server configurations
- Actively assist in improving the usability, usefulness and functionality of customized systems
- AWS deployments and configuration management
- Troubleshoot current code base and apply fixes
- Unit test and take accountability for the quality of your work
- Monitor performance of production environment and maintain site speed and integrity
What You Will Bring
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience as a software developer (ideally for an ecommerce site)
- 5+ years real-world e-commerce experience with Magento development (Magento 2 certification preferred)
- 4+ years of full stack development background (able to work on frontend and backend)
- Experience with API (REST/SOAP)
- Track record of leading complicated features, bug fixes, and integrations with limited guidance
- Firm grasp of Git-based source control
- Competent with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC applications
- Competent with MySQL-based database concepts
- Experience in AWS cloud hosting
- Familiarity with automated deployment strategies
- Experience integrating ERP data into Magento, we use Netsuite
What Else You Could Bring
- Own customer-facing features; work with UX / design teams to build out clean user experiences
- Experience managing external partners, ie, agencies, outsourced teams, contractors, etc.
- Love of a well-documented code base
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.