San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our diverse and fast-growing team in San Francisco. Your work will directly enable the Molekule team to continue to create, launch, sell, and support new products that deeply impact human health and well-being across the globe, starting with the air we breathe.
This a crucial role that will assist in overseeing general accounting operations in a fast-paced environment. You should expect to leverage current skill sets while also focusing on learning quickly and adding value to the current processes. This role reports to the Assistant Controller.
We look for people who connect with Molekule’s mission and purpose and embody its values of determination, ownership, humility, passion, and community.
- Lead the monthly financial close activities
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of operating expenses and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assess new GAAP reporting requirements and direct implementation of new ASU standards
- Lead accounting staff through month-end and operational tasks
- Drive process improvements and optimize efficiencies in the accounting and reporting areas, including elimination or streamlining of manual or non-effective tasks, and using Netsuite to streamline reporting
- Prepare financial reports for monthly review meetings
- Assist with documenting and updating the policies, procedures, and processes
- Collect and provide information for audit inquiries and assist in financial audit
- Assist in documentation and implementation of internal controls
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested
- CPA license with a minimum of six years in Accounting, including 3+ years’ U.S. public accounting audit experience
- Experience in Netsuite, such as writing reports and implementing modules
- Mastery of accounting principles and practices (U.S .GAAP), controls, analyses and reconciliation
- Experience managing in-person and remote staff
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are a must
- Accounting research and problem-solving skills required
- Strong attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Positive attitude and dependable team player
- Proven ability to prioritize activities and manage workload in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred: Strong background in cost accounting and inventory
- Preferred: Experience in manufacturing/assembly company
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.