Sr Financial Analyst
San Francisco, CA /
Finance – Finance /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to join our diverse and fast-growing team in San Francisco. Your work will directly enable the Molekule team to continue to create, launch, sell, and support new products that deeply impact human health and well-being across the globe, starting with the air we breathe. The Sr. Financial Analyst will be a key contributor to the financial and data analytics process and will directly support Molekule’s financial forecasting and budgeting processes, data analysis and special projects. They will provide financial and data analytics support to senior management and executives including preparing presentations, business performance analysis, and other projects.
The ideal candidate will have well-established financial modeling skills, a firm understanding of finance and accounting concepts, superb analytical abilities and excellent business partnering skills. As strong Excel skills are required, expect a business case. This role reports directly to the FP&A Manager.
What you'll be working on
- Gather and synthesize data from disparate sources to create a cohesive picture of business health and performance across our various channels and countries
- Develop and manage budgeting, forecasting, and data analysis tools and reports
- Provide vital financial analysis to drive growth and operational efficiencies including: month end reporting, management review of budget vs. actual results, trend analysis and investor relations
- Partner with accounting to ensure that expenses are recorded accurately
- Communicate financial results and trends to the management team to enable real-time decisions based on sound data
- Partner with teams such as Growth, Operations, and Product to develop their short- and long-term strategic plans, and help them execute
- 4+ years of direct financial analysis and forecasting experience
- Bachelor's degree Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field strongly preferred
- Experience with consumer products, subscription, B2B and/or manufacturing
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Willingness to work in a high growth, dynamic startup environment
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and related technologies, NetSuite preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Track record of executive level business partnering
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.