Senior UX Visual Designer
San Francisco, CA /
Product and Brand – Design /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We're a small team of designers looking for someone with strong Visual Design, Interaction Design and UX skills. You will help bring life to our digital interfaces like only visual interaction design can. Ideal candidates should have a customer-centric mindset. You will create products that are not only amazing to look at, but also intuitive and useful to our users as we expand to the global market. Join our team as we work to create each customer touchpoint more human, beautiful and best in class.
Who You Are
- A skilled creative who can collaborate with other disciplines with ease, and work with humility
- Have a growth mindset to comfortably deal with ambiguity, understand a complex problem and work diligently to improve the product and brand experience
- A natural collaborator and a phenomenal communicator, able to develop and present design ideas in a team environment
- Have a natural interest in new technologies and consistently seek out ways to improve your craftAble to work independently but also know the importance of clear communication and always being a team player
What will I be doing?
- Lead, conceptualize, and craft our visual design language for digital experiences across a range of platforms—desktop, mobile, and Molekule devices for both product and brand experiences
- Applying your visual design process for translating research insights, into new digital products and features, and then taking them into production
- Working closely with your team members – UX designers, researchers, and product managers – to sketch concepts, develop visual treatments, and prototype ideas to define feasible concepts
- Presenting and explaining your work to the broader Product team, stakeholders and executives
- Creating high quality, production ready work that translates seamlessly to engineering builds
- 6+ years relevant experience
- On-line portfolio showcasing strong Visual Design, Interaction Design and UX skills
- Ability to communicate design through sketches, wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Highly skilled in Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative suite, XD, Zeplin, Framer and other animation / prototyping tools
- Comfortable working closely and communicating with software engineers, and other stakeholders across the company to ensure the spec'd design meets the user as intended
- Experience in designing mobile app and web experiences from start to finish
- Knowledge and experience in animation, interaction design and micro-moment design
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique
- Ability to work with and improve on existing look & feel and enhance it as a team-player
- Ability to negotiate and prioritize design decisions in a team setting
- A passion for design and sweating the details
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android code base
- Experience with print design and preparing production ready files
- Fluent in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, or Arabic
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 25 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, delivering clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing. That's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"My communications are candid, effective, respectful, and assuming good intentions."
Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just of individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.