Sr. Manager, IT Systems Administrator & Operations
San Francisco, CA /
IT – IT /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for a Sr. Manager, IT Systems & Operations responsible for our IT services administration, helpdesk, network services, storage, backups, security, dev-ops, IT operations and infrastructure management. The candidate will drive desktop projects, cloud operations for business applications, infrastructure planning, problem troubleshooting and resolution, including interaction with site contacts, carriers, vendors, and various departments.
Supporting internal employees with their IT needs, managing cloud infrastructure, vendor relationships, security audits and defining organizational IT standards, processes and operational procedures for support and maintenance are critical functions of this role.
What's in it for you:
- Launch a new product roadmap from the ground zero
- Own a key aspect of Molekule’s growth and success
- High level visibility and partnership across our growing organization
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (ie: work day start and end times, occasional work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own:
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on IT and infrastructure
- Manage IT Helpdesk with installation of desktop software, and general technical questions related to hardware/software/network issues.
- Design, develop, implement IT policy and best practices for the organisation.
- Running regular checks on network, data security, system audits and backups.
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems.
- Drive security audits, analyze outcomes implementing solutions to close security gaps.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures.
- Plan/build/run the cloud infrastructure projects, dev-ops, administration and monitoring.
- Establish and maintain all infrastructure controls, policies and procedures.
- Perform automated cloud deployments for business applications, monitoring and alerts, review application logs, completion of scheduled jobs & backups.
- Upgrade and configure application software and administrate user access.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to conduct and implement capacity planning.
- Define and implement L1/L2/L3 support procedures for critical business applications.
- Interact with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between internal teams.
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Running and sharing regular operational system reports with senior staff
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
- Manage IT and Ops budget, licenses, monthly budget reporting and cost effectiveness.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
What you will bring:
- 7+ years in IT manager and Operations/infrastructure leadership.
- 5+ years of technical experience overseeing the IT Infrastructure including systems, Network & Security systems.
- 4+ years of Cloud infrastructure management (IaaS) experience. AWS is preferred.
- Past experience of dev-ops, knowledge of automation tools to implement CI/CD.
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, administration and network installation
- Proven experience of managing personnel, managing and controlling large IT budgets.
- Experience in Jira, Kanban, Jenkins, BitBucket, Cloud platforms, QA test tools preferred.
- PMP, Scrum or similar training is preferred but not required
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.