Manufacturing Engineer, Filters
Lakeland, FL /
Operations – Filter Manufacturing /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule is looking for a standout Manufacturing Engineer with experience working with filters and establishing robust processes through third party manufacturers. This role will focus on the sustaining and growth of our current filter manufacturing lines as well as the development of new media and roll-to-roll technology for future products.
This engineer will work in a fast paced environment with a cross functional team, including mechanical engineering, quality, industrial design, R&D, and our manufacturing partners. You will be the manufacturing lead on our filter-related efforts.
- Develops and evaluates manufacturing processes by conducting research and identifying requirements; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, and materials; testing manufacturing methods; conferring with vendors and experts.
- Works directly with our manufacturing partners to establish and confirm manufacturing process standards.
- Supports efforts to transition development initiatives to feasible and scalable manufacturing solutions.
- Assures product and process quality by testing finished- product and process capabilities, establishing standards, then implementing change control processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements and successfully implementing strategic initiatives. Presents information to the cross-functional team when required.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Proposes and manages DOEs to develop and verify process improvements.
- 3+ years of Manufacturing Engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience working with filters, media, and/or roll-to-roll production technologies
- BS in Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Strong project management skills
- Comfortable working with complex systems and manufacturing processes
- Strong communication skills, especially technical topics
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.