Senior iOS Developer
San Francisco, CA
Software Engineering – Mobile
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Do you like clean air? What if you could improve the air you breathe? Join Molekule and help us destroy pollutants.
Molekule is seeking an iOS developer to join our team in the development and maintenance of a in-house native mobile application. Your main focus will be feature development/augmentation, bug fixing and overall support of an ongoing project. You will work alongside other engineers, designers and product managers as part of the mobile initiative. Essential to this role is a commitment to collaborative problem solving, industry good practices and the creation of quality code.
What's in it for you
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexibility (work day start and end times, 2 days per week work from home)
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What will you own
- Development and support of Molekule iOS application
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features and enhancements
- Generate proof of concepts for bleeding edge technologies
- Identify and correct performance bottlenecks and bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and test automation
What will you bring
- Proficient in Swift 3 or Swift 4
- Proficient with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiar with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Understanding of code versioning (Git flows)
What else might you bring
- Knowledge of Bluetooth/SmartAP connectivity
- Familiar with iOS frameworks Core Data, Core Bluetooth, Core Animation
- Experience in Cocoa-pods
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with continuous integration
- Experience in C/C++
- Android experience is a plus
- Experience with reactive programing. RxSwift is a huge plus.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to completely destroy airborne pollutants, leaving nothing but pure, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but clean the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but thats why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.