San Francisco, CA
Growth – Growth
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
Molekule products are helping to change the lives of thousands of people by delivering cleaner air. As a Data Engineer on our Analytics team, you will be responsible for wrangling disparate data sets, processing, and automating the exposed data such that business owners can take action and drive impact. Further, you'll have the opportunity to solve challenges around a multi-platform customer experience where data is captured at various levels of complexity and work directly with partners in all areas of Molekule. This is a newly created role reporting to our Head of Growth Analytics.
What you'll own:
- Partnerships with engineering teams and internal data consumers on new projects or enhancements
- The building and maintenance of highly scalable data pipelines and clean datasets around key business metrics
- The enhancement of our data architecture to balance scale and performance
- Further, you'll support a team of data scientists, analysts, and stakeholders to meet their data requirements
Examples of our work:
- Data Pipelines - Create new pipelines in cloud based data warehousing systems such as AWS using Spark and Airflow
- Data Quality and Anomaly Detection - Improve existing tools (dbt cloud) to measure data quality through metrics and automatic alerting
- Data Modeling - Partner with data consumers to improve existing data models and build different facets of the business for analytic use cases
- Development of data pipelines to third party API’s such as Iterable or Zendesk
We're looking for candidates with:
- At least 5 years' experience driving impact in a similar capacity at companies creating cutting edge tech
- Expertise building data pipelines on large complex data sets using Spark or other open source frameworks
- Expertise in a scripting language like Python (or similar) and a query language like SQL
- Experience with AWS services: EC2, S3, Redshift, etc
- Knowledge of scheduling, logging, monitoring, alert frameworks like Airflow
- Proven experience deploying machine learning algorithms to production
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing high-quality and scalable code and integrating with version control systems
- Experience leading successful data engineering projects and operationalizing machine learning algorithms
- Experience leveraging vendor APIs - extractions and insertions
- Experience working Tealium or equivalent (Segment, etc)
- Experience with Stitch/Singer and dbt or similar
- Smart and humble with an ever learning attitude
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.