Middleweight Brand Designer
San Francisco, CA
Brand – Brand
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
We're looking for a motivated and passionate brand visual designer to join our small team to work on projects from concepting and design, to production. We're offering you a unique challenge: crafting the look and feel across our marketing, website, packaging, print, and new product projects
Join our team as we work across all of these touchpoints to define how people find and fall in love with their Molekule.
What's in it for you?
- Career: ability to progress and learn, stability, career development
- Work Environment: autonomy, personal achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset
- Benefits: time off, no cost family health insurance, matching 401K, flexible schedule
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system
What you will own?
- Conceptualize and craft our brand experiences across a range of platforms.
- Apply your skills for translating research findings, marketing needs, and visual insights into new approaches for communicating to people, prospects, and existing customers, and then taking them into production.
- Working closely with your teammates (video producers, copywriters, content, animators, experience designers, and developers) to sketch ideas, develop concepts, prototype solutions, and test quickly to define engaging solutions for launching.
- Translate concepts for developers to build, and ship quality brand experiences, and own the quality of the shipped work, and initiate accordingly to improve.
What defines a Molekule designer?
- At our core, we’re humble, self-motivated, creative problem solvers who listen, and collaborate with other disciplines to build meaningful experiences that help people live better.
- Each of us embodies a growth mindset to deal with ambiguity comfortably. We’re energized by complex problems, and work diligently to improve the customers’ journey from the first time they see us.
What design skills you will bring?
- Ability to design through digital and physical visual languages, to craft a connected visual ecosystem for the customer to engage and resonate with, and present them a consistent experience.
- Apply brand assets and guidelines both directly, and in innovative ways.
- Think about projects from a strategic perspective, and then down to color, pixel, print, and typography design details.
- Present polished mockups and flows for solutions using Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Overflow, Zeplin, Invision / Principle, and other modern tools. Animation skills like After Effects are nice to have, but not essential.
- Develop diverse approaches to solving a given problem, communicate ideas to a cross-functional team with clarity, and iterate on feedback quickly.
- Launch work on a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence at a high level, and find yourself being motivated by the pace, and range of work.
What experience will you bring?
- Bachelor of Arts degree or relevant years of experience.
- 5+ years of designing visual brand experiences across digital and physical of in-house and/or agency
- Must have shipped projects.
- Worked in small, fast-paced startups, and get excited about the challenges it can bring, creating visually refined, visually systematic experiences, within an existing brand language.
- An active team collaborator on the design process and project development, to improve our team practices.
- Strong communicator that plays an engaged role in critiques, reviews, and discussions and is an equally good listener to hear other points of view to build stronger concepts together.
- Has partnered with cross-functional teams to discover opportunities to improve existing brand communication and identify new approaches for future growth.
If you have the desire to grow, learn, and bring your whole self, or feel that you don’t check all the boxes above, we encourage you to apply!
Join our methodical, practical, and purposeful team in helping the world breathe better!
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.