Sales Forecasting & Operations Manager
San Francisco, CA /
Marketing – Growth /
"Best Places to Work 2019" -SF Business Times
The Sales Forecasting & Operations Manager will be responsible for identifying, understanding and accurately calculating all the demand influencing factors for all Molekule lines of business, channels, and products. The ideal candidate will execute activities supporting S&OP forecasting and demand planning; participate in the development of highly predictable demand based sales forecasts for all products in the business portfolio; work cross-functionally to achieve organizational goals. Getting to the most accurate demand forecast requires working closely with Product, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Finance by leveraging best in class processes like CPFR to develop consensus forecasts.
The demand forecasts will feed into supply planning to support sales across Molekule’s Direct-to-Consumer, Business-to-Business, Retail, and International channels. This is a highly collaborative role with elements of project management as you partner closely with the Marketing/Sales, supply/procurement, and finance teams.
The Sales Forecasting & Operations Manager is also experienced with forecasting and will design and execute strategic objectives, define data and reporting requirements and process improvements to scale management of the Molekule business. You will also partner closely with the sales team and manage the communication/messaging if issues extend into backlog, and late ships.
What you'll work on:
- Develop and manage the forecasting of demand and supply for products sold through Direct-to-Consumer, Business-to-Business and Retail channels to ensure attainment of revenue goals, optimization of in-stock and fulfillment rates, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with the Sales Team and Supply Chain Management on demand planning and forecasting assumptions and analysis.
- Prepare reports and statistics related to the demand planning and forecasting function
- Measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate forecasts made, to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the demand planning & forecasting function.
- Manage weekly CPFR processes with internal & external channel partners
- Develop effective planning processes to drive consensus and accuracy in demand plans
- Run day to day business operations of Demand planning by reviewing open orders and collaborating with teams to prevent backorders and ensure accurate delivery promise messaging to customers
- Work with our Supply Chain team on improving backorder, replacement, and order exceptions to proactively prevent order issues
- Develop requirements for reporting, forecast automation, and process features
- Partner with data scientists to develop and improve forecast automation
- Monitor and take action on exception reporting, weekly business reviews and KPI’s
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders
- Develop strategies to mitigate risk, prevent obsolescence and aged inventory
- Own new vendor onboarding process (company information, new item set up, shipping & logistics specs)
- Maintain master product specs document
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 7 years' of demand planning, marketing operations, sales operations experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Finance, Business Management, or related field
- Extensive Supply chain experience, with a focus on demand planning, preferably within a consumer electronics business.
- Prior experience in a consumer electronics manufacturer and/or retailer strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of hardware/consumer electronics channel trends
- Ability to navigate the Molekule organization to gather information, elicit feedback, gain buy-in, and engage others in planning activities.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills Strong attention to detail and data integrity
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. In addition, must be able to manage multiple projects and often competing priorities.
- Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Deep, proficient knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Tableau is a plus.
- MBA or graduate degree in an analytical field, preferred
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule uses 20 years of breakthrough science to destroy airborne pollutants, leaving behind truly, clean air. Our mission isn’t just making air purifiers, but cleaning the air everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you.
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing, that's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"Candid, Effective, Respectful. Assuming Good Intentions."
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Our organizational philosophy is "Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian" responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail HR@molekule.com or text or call 415.439.0018, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.