Senior Software Engineer – Backend (remote)
San Francisco /
At MomentRanks, we’re helping users track their non-fungible token (NFT) portfolios like never before.
Launched in 2021, MomentRanks is the premier resource for tracking and engaging with the NFT ecosystem. We've seen hundreds of thousands of users and millions of page views since launching in February, and we are growing incredibly quickly.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong backend experience to join our team. You should be someone that likes to ship, with a focus on building products that users love. You should be proud of your code but knowledgeable enough to know how to manage implementation tradeoffs. You should have a product mindset — engineers on this team are product people, too.
- Experience building backend systems using NodeJS
- Experience in architecting cost-efficient, scalable, and easily extensible API services
- Experience in at least one cloud service provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure) and hosting services on cloud platforms
- Experience with containers and container hosting services (e.g. AWS ECS)
- Experience with devops and infrastructure principles
- Knowledge of important parallel processing and distributed computing principles
- Experience with noSQL and SQL databases and database schema architecting
- Experience working with very large datasets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to manage feedback from a number of input streams
- Desire to work autonomously
- Own the development of product features end-to-end including scoping, architecting, coding, testing, and rolling out features
- Work closely with PMs and other engineers to ideate solutions to user problems
- Become an expert in your product area and our tech stack
- Make improvements to developer productivity through process / code improvements and mentorship
- Work on a talented and distributed team
If you're interested in joining us but don't tick every box above, don't worry, we still encourage you to apply.
We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and background complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.