Studio & Business Development Coordinator - LA Office
The job description is only in English because speaking French is not a requirement for LA's office.
A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
The Studio/Business Development Coordinator is responsible for accommodating the internal and external clients and employees, as well as to maintain an efficient and comfortable office environment. He ensures the reception of all calls, clients, and new business leads.
Besides the responsibilities of reception, the Studio/Business Development Coordinator assists the LA Office Director/Producer, the Creative Director, and the project team(s) in various tasks. He establishes clear and daily communication with the HQ, based in Montreal, Canada and inputs business lead information into our central database on a daily basis.
In collaboration with the LA Office Director/Producer and/or Project Manager, the Studio/Business Development Coordinator must support the creation and production processes by mobilizing various resources while continuing as a strong liaison between all the team members and clients.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible of the overall studio
· Handle incoming calls, greet visitors, and clients in the studio;
· Prepare, coordinate, and sign for all packages/mail, including the services of express courier and mailing post;
· Make/coordinate business reservations for internal team members;
· Manage inventory and purchase office supplies with suppliers as needed;
· Ensure the functioning of fax, printers, copiers, etc. and coordinate the repair and maintenance;
· Supervise and manage the work of the person(s) in charge of equipment maintenance and custodial work;
· Assist the company with various administrative tasks: correction, translation, file archiving, note taking at meetings, updating guides and many other documents;
· Manage and update subcontractor list and vet potential freelance hires for the LA Office Director/Producer and Creative Director;
· Prepare workstations as needed for incoming freelancers;
· Manage Production Assistants to ensure they are properly tasked;
· Daily upkeep of new business leads and entry of lead information on a daily basis;
· Manage the calendars related to the LA Office as well as the LA Office Director/Producer, and Creative Director;
· Prepare video conferences, presentations, client’s meetings, and printing of any presentations needed;
2. In collaboration with the LA Office Director/Producer
· Prepare service proposals and presentations to clients;
· Act as main contact point among assigned team members;
· Serve as a Point of Contact for LA Office Director/Producer and Creative Director;
· Control quality of all documents produced and sent from the LA Office (i.e. has to proofread, revise and correct);
· According to instructions provided by LA Office Director/Producer, identify internal/external resources and search/identify best suppliers for the production of the project;
· Attend after hour business development and market events with the LA Office Director/Producer and Creative Director, as needed.
3. In collaboration with the Project Manager and/or the Producer
· Complete documentation required at the beginning of the project;
· Prepare calendar of projects and share with team members;
· Prepare contracts for freelancers and subcontractors from our company templates;
· Control and manage activities linked to the project and follow-up with resources, subcontractors and suppliers;
· In collaboration with the Multimedia Directors and Media Archivist, ensure digital filing as per our company’s requirements including maintenance, updating, and monthly file transfers to HQ;
· Lead project coordination meetings including post mortem and ensure efficient distribution of work in order to respect the hours allocated to a project.
· BA or equivalent education from a nonprofit, accredited school of higher education in film/media studies and/or production, communication, or management;
· 2 to 3 years of work experience as a studio coordinator, project coordinator, or equivalent in the field of film/media production, audio/visual post-production, architecture, event or other pertinent field;
· Advanced proficiency in English both written and spoken — knowledge of French, a major bonus; Spanish, Japanese, and/or Mandarin languages are a plus;
· Proficiency in Google Suite (Docs, Calendar, Sheets, etc.) and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc);
· Proficiency in Apple OS;
· Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
· Attention to detail, ability to manage priorities, and maintain long-term/recurring tasks;
· Friendly, Warm, and Charismatic personality;
· Autonomy, initiative, adapts easily and exceptional organizational agility;
· Demonstrated ability to handle and carry out multiple task simultaneously, to work under pressure and in a team;
· Good sense of responsibilities and ability to meet deadlines;
· Ability to quickly learn logistics specific to the production process of multimedia projects.
· Flexibility in work schedule;
· Occasional manual labor (lifting office furniture, workstations, etc. < 40 lbs);
· Occasional travel to Montreal HQ and/or other foreign countries;
· Occasional off-hours meetings with international clients;
· Car needed for travel in Southern California and Western US (Las Vegas, San Diego, etc.)
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.