Integrator/Analyst - Tokyo Office
The job description is in English only because speaking French is not a requirement for the Tokyo office.
The Integrator works with the Asian operations manager to assure and maintain optimal performance of Moment Factory equipment, software and systems. They travel on site for parts of the integration phase of projects to assist with the installation and ensure the quality and reliability of multimedia and IT equipment. Once a project is operational, they receive support requests regarding Moment Factory equipment installed in the field. They analyse these requests in depth and find resolutions to malfunctions. They manage support tickets within the company system to offer an outstanding client service. As required, they refer requests to level 3 or more specialized technicians such as interactive developers, integrators, system administrators and to product experts.
The Integrator also supports the Asia Technical Director with equipment tests, calibration, etc. during design and production phases.
They have a good knowledge of audio-visual and IT equipment and are a dedicated team player.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Technical operations support:
Following the receipt of a support request, the Integrator will (via phone and remote access)
- Analyse support requests in depth and find resolutions;
- Manage support tickets within the company system;
- Assure a thorough resolution of requests;
- Assure an appropriate time of resolution;
- Manage and transmit requests to higher levels when needed;
- Assure follow-up of the solutions and manage the closing of tickets;
- Offer a courteous and efficient customer service;
o If required for the resolution of support tickets, the integrator will travel and provide on-site support of the installation
2. Technical integration support:
The Integrator will assist with the preparation, installation and integration of equipment for Moment Factory multimedia installations:
- Assist with the installation of equipment on site (configuration of systems and physical installation of equipment);
- Configure and optimize Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows work stations;
- Install and configure production software;
- Install and enable software licences;
- Assist with on-site installation of all Moment Factory material including IT and multimedia equipment;
- Contribute to the redaction of the manual of operations;
- Update and assure the backup of the manual of operations while on site;
- Resolve technical problems on site;
- Manage tracking of technical equipment and digital files related to projects;
- Manage the training of the show operators on the Moment Factory tools for remote communication (Zendesk and Daily Log);
- Elaborate the daily operation procedures documentation for projects;
- Stay in contact with the Operations Support at the head office in Montreal for exchange and collaboration on various technical support matters.
3. Internal Support:
The Integrator will work within a small, dynamic team and will participate in many related tasks as required by the Moment Factory Tokyo Office:
- Assist project integrators and other technical staff with Japan-specific or other issues as required;
- Assist with demonstrations, workshops and equipment testing as required by the Tokyo Office;
- Provide technical and IT support to the Moment Factory Tokyo office;
- Adapt their professional experience, knowledge and expertise according to the various projects at Moment Factory.
POSITION’S EXPECTATIONS & REQUIRED QUALITIES
- Advanced proficiency in English and Japanese. Proficiency in French or other Asian languages a plus;
- Applicants must hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card;
- Diploma of college studies in computer studies, audio-visual entertainment or related field;
- 2-4 years of experience in a field similar to visual arts and multimedia environment (video, lighting, sound);
- Knowledge in IT systems, including operating systems installation, maintenance systems diagnosis and hardware installation (MAC and Linux is an asset);
- Knowledge of networking (routing, sharing, network administration, IP, DNS, VPN, etc.);
- Knowledge of computer communication protocols, and transport (TCP/IP, UDP, OSC, LTC, MTC);
- Knowledge of audio-visual equipment (Matrix, Projector, Lighting Node, speaker amplifier and sound controler, etc.) technology (video flow, DMX, sound transport, midi, etc.) and networking (NDI, ArtNet, Dante etc.);
- Knowledge of video playback systems (Resolume, Qlab, Watchout), video broadcast, video projection an asset;
- Ability to understand schematic drawings, install cabling, basic soldering, etc;.
- Experience with microcontrollers (Raspberry, PI, Arduino) is an asset.
- Advanced technical level;
- Sense of initiative and proactivity;
- Show a positive attitude and interest to learn;
- Excellent attention to details;
- Passionate and autodidactic;
- Self-sufficiency, team spirit and reliability.
- Flexible work schedule, availability required outside of normal working hours
- 1-2 months training in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Required travel: Occasionally
For more information: email@example.com