Line Producer (Project Manager) - Tokyo Office
The job description is in English only because speaking French is not a requirement for the Tokyo office.
Under the supervision of the Tokyo Office Director, the Line Producer is responsible for the management of several Asia-based projects. They ensure project follow up from design to operation phases, including content production and post-production. Additionally, they assist with the transfer of operations to the client.
They represent Moment Factory and manage client relationships while ensuring efficient communication between the latter and the production team. They demonstrate advanced proficiency in English and in Japanese Business language and culture. Planning and organizing are part of their day-to-day tasks along with risk management and advising internal teams with clear recommendations.
They provide strategic vision and expertise in the development of multimedia projects (Theme Parks, Resorts, Retail and other permanent Destination installations) with an understanding of the regional markets in order to facilitate, accelerate and focus the presence of MF in Asia. Working closely with the business development team, they ensure effective promotion and representation of Moment Factory according to the strategies and objectives defined by the Director of the Regional office.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for the overall management of projects assigned to them:
- Contributes to the definition of clients requests and comprehension of their needs;
- Communicates with the client in order to maintain a clear and stable business relationship;
- Follows up on the requirements of each phase, including the different participants as stipulated in the contract;
- Identifies, evaluates and manages risks associated with the project;
- Produces a detailed budget and timeline for each project;
- Efficiently manages of the budget with sound judgement regarding the roles and work hours;
- Ensures an environmental and technological content synergy relative to the project, in collaboration with the Multimedia Producers, Technical Directors, Content Managers, Concept Writers and Technicians;
- Identifies and maintains good relations with local external resources required for project completion;
- Controls and supervises activities related to the project through regular follow up of the quality of operations contributed from different resources, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Manages the production of documentation required for all phases of the project;
- In collaboration with the MF team, manages questions related to copyright and intellectual property during content elaboration and production stages;
- Supervises the coordinator assigned to each stage of the project;
- Collaborates with internal participants for document preparation for clients;
- Negotiates agreements with the local suppliers for each project;
- Supervises tasks related to project closing, such as file archives and graphic element collection for our internal visual information bank or information required for marketing department communications;
- Produces final documents and reports pertinent to project closing;
- Organizes and manages the post mortem for each project.
2. Strategic partnerships, representation and business development;
- Identifies, develops and maintains business relationships with current and potential clients;
- Networks and actively participate in professional events in targeted industry;
- Develops and maintains a network of selected professionals in prescribed industries (architecture, design,
urbanism, event, etc.);
- Validates potential projects’ feasibility and profitability based on client needs and technical information;
- Prepares service proposals in collaboration with legal team and presentations to current and potential clients.
POSITION’S EXPECTATIONS & REQUIRED QUALITIES
- Advanced proficiency in English and Japanese. Proficiency in French or other Asian languages a plus;
- Applicants must hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card;
- College diploma (DEC) and/or bachelor’s degree in Management in one of MF field of activities (i.e. Design, Architecture, Set Design, Multimedia Environment) ;
- More than 7 years of experience in a Management position within a creative environment in the entertainment industry, in multimedia or in another related field involving creative content and technology ;
- Demonstrated capacities to bring multiple projects together using a team, simultaneously, while under pressure;
- Multidisciplinary and artistic work experience (multimedia environment, audiovisual production and event management, etc.);
- Comprehension of production stages and knowledge basic multimedia technology;
- Proficiency in MS Office & Mac environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, Keynote, etc.);
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software or other project management software, an asset.
- Entrepreneurship and leadership;
- Aptitude for creative team management;
- Capacity for decision making, delegation and negotiation;
- Capacity for establishing good interpersonal relationships;
- Good capacity for communication and customer service;
- Adaptable to clients needs according to different market segments;
- Analytical, creative, strong sense of initiative;
- Creative and strong sense of initiative;
- Resourceful and good sense of priorities;
- Detail oriented and respect for deadlines.
- Flexible work schedule, availability required outside of normal working hours
- 1-2 months training in Montreal
- Required Travel: Frequently
For more information: email@example.com