Contenu (Content) /
FEW WORDS ABOUT US
Coming from all walks of life, we are united by passion. Each new project is a blank page waiting for the creativity and talent of everyone, regardless of responsibilities, roles or areas of expertise. Having the desire to invent, to try, to fail in order to start over and to learn from others allows us to collectively participate in projects that are bigger than ourselves. Today, thanks to a team of 400 creative people, we have the chance to create immersive multimedia environments for artists, museums, airports, brands, theme parks and events, in addition to our signature shows. Whatever the canvas, the thirst to experiment and innovate in video, lighting, multimedia architecture, sound design, special effects and interactivity is at the heart of our DNA. In our studios in Montreal, Paris, New York or Tokyo, we are always looking for curious and inspired talents. Find your place among our team of passionate people!
As a Digital Data Management Technician (Date Wrangler) at Moment Factory, you will work closely with the content production team - with 2D/3D animators and production coordinators in particular - to ensure that data remains easily accessible at the studio and during the integration phase of projects. You will interact with other departments to develop, structure, and optimize technical data related to content production, while working simultaneously with multiple teams to produce incredible projects. This is an exciting and challenging position with continuous learning opportunities in a fast-paced visual effects and multimedia environment.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and maintain coverage of the Content Team’s day-to-day requests;
- Responsible for the requests of the Production Coordinators in relation to storage systems (performances, spaces, permissions, synchronization);
- Utilize and/or develop data management tools to identify and remove unnecessary data;
- Identify problematic data processes and present solutions;
- Find solutions with IT to make sure artists are synchronizing data from their desktops to and from primary and mobile storage systems;
- Monitor data synchronization between primary and mobile storage systems during on-site installation with IT systems administrators;
- Responsible for the administration of cloud file exchange portals (MediaShuttle);
- Assist in project archival processes under the supervision of the Lead Multimedia Archivist;
- Serve as liaison between the Content Team to ensure correct data exchange with clients throughout the life of each project;
- Responsible for the management of external data, for example: customers, freelancers, partners;
- Track data flows to and from cloud rendering solutions in tandem with content DTs.
- Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in multimedia integration, post-production, or other related field;
- Excellent knowledge of After Effects and Cinema 4D software (asset);
- Knowledge of Maya, Nuke (asset);
- Interest in developing skills and progression within visual effects and multimedia;
- Functional professional mastery of French and English, both oral and written;
- Knowledge and/or interest in the AI field.
- High-level understanding of the multimedia sector;
- Responsible, good sense of organization and time management;
- Exceptional resourcefulness and attention to detail;
- Passionate, self-starter;
- Collaborative, given to teamwork;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Good communication skills;
- Problem-analyzing and problem-solving.
SPECIFIC TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Flexible working hours;
- Availability required outside normal working hours.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!