Assistant Technical Director - Tokyo Office
The job description is in English only because speaking French is not a requirement for the Tokyo office.
The Assistant Technical Director is part of the technical team working closely with the Asia Technical Director, on various projects. They assist with technical drawings, product specifications and technical research. They support the technical director from design to installation phases.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting the Technical Director:
· Researches suppliers and costs of materials, equipment, and scenography elements;
· Participates in product tests and demos;
· Participates in the technical installation on site of projects in Asia;
· Assures follow-up and support with the operation team once the project is delivered regarding schedule and staff;
· Updates the technical documentation of projects in Asia during operations;
· Participates in the maintenance and archiving of various technical documents
· Assists Montreal production teams in with research in Asia;
· Stays up to date with the latest developments in entertainment technology;
· Adapts their professional skills relevant to various MF projects.
POSITION’S EXPECTATIONS & REQUIRED QUALITIES
- Advanced proficiency in English and Japanese. Proficiency in French or other Asian languages a plus;
- Applicants must hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card;
- Diploma in theatrical production (sound, lighting, video) or multimedia production and/or a 4 year experience in a related domain;
- Excellent knowledge and capacity to realize technical drafting with software (Autocad, Sketchup);
- Excellent knowledge of Office suite.
- Good understanding of the multimedia industry;
- Capacity to respond rapidly and multitask;
- Resourceful, self-reliant, with a good eye for details;
- Manual skills is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong sense of team work.
- Flexible work schedule, availability required outside of normal working hours
- 1-2 months training in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Required travel: Occasionally
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org