Assistant Technical Director - Tokyo Office
The job description is in English only because speaking French is not a requirement for the Tokyo office.
A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
The Assistant Technical Director is part of the technical team working closely with the Asia Technical Director, on various projects. They assist with technical drawings, product specifications and technical research. They support the technical director from design to installation phases.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisting the Technical Director:
· Researches suppliers and costs of materials, equipment, and scenography elements;
· Participates in product tests and demos;
· Participates in the technical installation on site of projects in Asia;
· Assures follow-up and support with the operation team once the project is delivered regarding schedule and staff;
· Updates the technical documentation of projects in Asia during operations;
· Participates in the maintenance and archiving of various technical documents;
· Assists Montreal production teams in with research in Asia;
· Stays up to date with the latest developments in entertainment technology;
· Adapts their professional skills relevant to various MF projects.
· Advanced proficiency in English and Japanese. Proficiency in French or other Asian languages a plus;
· Applicants must hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card;
· Diploma in theatrical production (sound, lighting, video) or multimedia production and/or a 4 years experience in a related domain;
· Excellent knowledge and capacity to realize technical drafting with software (Autocad, Sketchup);
· Excellent knowledge of Office suite.
· Good understanding of the multimedia industry;
· Capacity to respond rapidly and multitask;
· Resourceful, self-reliant, with a good eye for details;
· Manual skills is an asset;
· Excellent communication skills;
· Strong sense of team work.
· Flexible work schedule, availability required outside of normal working hours;
· 1-2 months training in Montreal, Quebec, Canada;
· Required Travel: Occasionally.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.