Creative Director - Tokyo Office
The job description is in English only because speaking French is not a requirement for the Tokyo office.
A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
Under the supervision of the Tokyo Office Director, the Creative Director develops the creative vision and strategy for Moment Factory’s projects in Asia. Working closely with the producer and Montreal creative team, they initiate and contribute to all projects assigned to them, being a consultant for the team’s design, production, artistic direction, delivery and integration. They work with the client and assist in ensuring total quality of the project’s creation and their goals/objectives.
They provide strategic vision and expertise in the development of multimedia projects (Theme Parks, Resorts, Retail and other permanent Destination installations) with an understanding of the regional markets in order to facilitate, accelerate and focus the presence of MF in Asia. Working closely with the business development team, they ensure effective promotion and representation of Moment Factory according to the strategies and objectives defined by the Director of the Regional office.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, understand and answer to the needs of the client and the public;
· Assist developing and maintaining projects’ guidelines, objectives and priorities;
· Be a part of developing concepts jointly with the creative teams;
· Identify, develop and maintain business relationships with current and potential clients;
· Validate potential projects’ creative and strategic feasibility;
· Assist in preparing service proposals and presentations;
· Assist the producer and creative director with the decision-making process and ensure that all decisions are in line with the Moment Factory method, its creative vision, branding and processes;
· Understand the mid and long-term strategic business objectives of the company in the Asia region in order to execute the decision making process accordingly;
· Assist with smooth communication between the client and the Montreal teams in regards to the project;
· Ensure the creative concepts and designs are culturally appropriate in regards to the project;
· Assist ensuring that budget and timeline of projects are respected, closely with the Producer and Director;
· Along with other members of the creative team, find solutions to all unexpected issues faced with during the creative process, production and delivery;
· In line with the established timeline, be a part of the meeting with the creative team during concepts development, design as well as on site integration (or any other location indicated by the Producer);
· Inspire the creative team and act as a mentor to them;
· Encourage and guide business research and development.
· Advanced proficiency in English and Japanese. Proficiency in French or other Asian languages a plus;
· Applicants must hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card;
· Over 10 years of experience as Creative Director. This can include a combination of positions such as Artistic Director in the multimedia field, visual effects, dance, theatre, circus or any other relevant field of expertise;
· Experience in casting and as a coach to artists;
· Proficiency in MS Office & Mac environment (Word, Excel, Outlook, Keynote, etc.);
· Minimal understanding of design, 3D design and/or a video editing software, an asset;
· Basic knowledge of multimedia technology;
· Knowledge of architecture, a great asset;
· Proven abilities to simultaneously manage many projects, work under pressure and be part of a team.
· Skills in human and creative resources management;
· Ability to make decisions, delegate and negotiate;
· Inspiring and inspired creative vision;
· Excellent communicator who knows how to listen with extraordinary interpersonal skills that can be adapted to the needs of customers from various market sectors;
· Curious and constantly looking for ideas within the most recent currents of the cultural and entertainment industries;
· Attention to details and ability to meet deadlines;
· Ability to develop good relationships;
· Ability to motivate and manage a wide variety of creative resources;
· Self-sufficiency, team spirit and reliability.
· Flexible work schedule, availability required outside of normal working hours;
· 1-2 months training in Montreal, Quebec, Canada;
· Required Travel: Frequently.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.