Office Director - Tokyo Office
The job description is in English only because speaking French is not a requirement for the Tokyo office.
A WORD ABOUT US
Moment Factory is a multimedia studio based in Montreal with a full range of production expertise under one roof. Our team combines specialists in video, lighting, architecture, sound, and special effects to create remarkable experiences. Since its inception in 2001, Moment Factory has created more than 400 unique shows and destinations. Productions span the globe and include such clients as the Los Angeles Airport, Nine Inch Nails, Microsoft, NFL, Sony, Toyota, the City of Barcelona, Madonna, and Royal Caribbean Cruises.
Under the management of the Partner & Executive Producer, the Japan Regional Office Director is in charge of managing the Tokyo Office. This implies managing the material and technical infrastructures, the financial structure, strategic plan and vision, and the team.
The Director is also in charge of developing the regional market and ensuring an effective promotion and representation of Moment Factory (MF) according to the strategies and objectives defined by the Partners. They provide a strategic vision and expertise in the development of multimedia projects adapted to opportunities in the region in order to facilitate, accelerate and consolidate the presence of MF. They negotiate the terms of some contracts with potential clients and once the project is signed, ensure a follow-up from conception to delivery, which includes after sale support.
In collaboration with the Partner of their division, the Director identifies and executes strategic objectives. They develop partnerships and size viable business opportunities that meet the objectives of business growth in the region. The Director participates in public and private events and conferences in the industry to position Moment Factory Tokyo as a key player with influence.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Resource management and administrative management
· Ensure the implementation and overall management of the regional office (material and technological infrastructures, financial structure, local resources);
· In collaboration with the CFO, ensure the implementation of financial and risk management processes based on criteria established by the headquarters;
· Manage Human Resources according to MF values and policies;
· Supervise all employees and freelancers reporting to the office;
· Identify talents to attract and maintain a diverse, versatile and innovative talent pool;
· Work with Producers and the Communication & Marketing Director to ensure compelling and coherent communication and development in the region;
· Develop and implement administrative procedures according to the business model in place at the headquarters to ensure an effective and efficient management of financial, technical and human resources of MF (standardization, systemization, project management tools, etc.).
· Ensure the strategic planning of MF development within the territory;
· Assess risks specific to the region in regards to the market sectors of MF projects (i.e. Theme parks, brand experiences, landmarks, airports, permanent installations, etc);
· Contribute to the discussion and development of strategic actions and priorities for the development of MF.
· Ensure compliance of activities undertaken by MF in the region with the objectives and priorities established in MF’s strategic plan;
· Validate feasibility and profitability of potential projects based on customer needs and technical information;
· Prepare request for proposals and present them to prospective and/or current clients.
3. Projects production
· Provide strategic advice on projects;
· Ensure good communication with the client;
· Collaborate with various internal stakeholders for the preparation of contracts clauses and documents for the client;
· Complete necessary documents in the early phases of the project;
· Develop detailed budget and schedule;
· Identify internal and external resources required to achieve the project;
· Assign tasks and perform ongoing monitoring during the project in accordance with the budget;
· Plan and organize activities related to the implementation of the project;
· In collaboration with MF specialists at the head office, ensure the management of copyrights during the planning and production phases;
· Identify, negotiate and manage regional resources, subcontractors and suppliers;
· Oversee evolution of the project, from design to delivery (i.e. technical aspects, objectives of performance and profitability);
4. Strategic partnerships, representation and networking
· Identify prospective partners and suppliers;
· In collaboration with the legal team, ensure the efficient negotiation of agreements;
· Develop and maintain good business relationships with potential customers, political representatives, and key stakeholders in relevant industries;
· Participate in events and become known in MF’s relevant industries.
· Advanced proficiency in English and Japanese. Proficiency in French or other Asian languages a plus;
· Applicants must hold a valid residence/visa status and possess a valid Residence Card;
· Bachelor’s degree in a field related to management, marketing, arts, design, architecture, scenography (set design) or multimedia environment;
· More than 7 years of relevant experience in a Management position within a creative environment in the entertainment industry, multimedia or any other field involving creative content and technology;
· Very good knowledge of artistic and technical components, set design, technology, and administration needed at all stages of a multimedia production;
· Experience in interactive production, an asset;
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Keynote, etc.);
· Understanding of MF’s business sectors and issues to seize development opportunities and play a role of influence;
· Good marketing skills;
· Capacity to anticipate international cultural trends and social phenomena;
· Possess an excellent general knowledge in the areas of activities of the company's customers;
· Have updated knowledge of competitors and competing products available on the market;
· Demonstrate abilities to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work under pressure and with teams.
· Entrepreneurial, dynamic with strong leadership;
· Capacity to take decisions, delegate, and negotiate;
· Good communicator who knows how to listen, with extraordinary interpersonal skills can be adapted to the needs of customers from various market sectors;
· Autonomous, takes initiative, is adaptable, has strong organizational skills;
· Creative with a strong ability for analysis and synthesis;
· Excellent sense of priority and urgency, ability to work under pressure;
· Customer oriented, effective sense of priorities, reliable and professional;
· Skilled in managing human and creative resources.
SPECIFIC WORK CONDITIONS
· Flexible work schedule, availability required outside of normal working hours;
· 3 to 6 months training in Montreal, Quebec, Canada;
· Required Travel: Frequently.
At Moment Factory, we work hard because we believe in the potential of bringing people together to experience emotions, create connections and form powerful memories. To design these memorable moments, we favour the collaborative work of multidisciplinary talents, all united by the same passion. It is the meeting of minds and talent that creates sparks. That's why we're looking for inspired and inspiring people who are always eager to learn, share, and reinvent themselves.
If you think this position is for you, we invite you to apply now. We will not be able to follow up with each candidate, so we will only contact the selected individuals. Thank you for considering a career at Moment Factory. We are looking forward to meeting you!
NOTE: The masculine is used in this publication without prejudice for the sake of conciseness.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org