Software & Electronics Team
About Momentum Machines:
Backed by Khosla & Google Ventures, we're a robotics company aiming to revolutionize the dining experience. Right now, we've created a robot that makes fresh gourmet food with high-quality ingredients from scratch. You’d join a team from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA, alongside our culinary team, which contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck.
When you’re doing something nobody has ever done before, the old ways can frequently come up short. At Momentum Machines, you’ll get the opportunity to be creative, to try, to fail, to learn and to succeed. You will have an appetite for risk, because that’s how we leap ahead together.
About the role: You’ll manage the creative vision of restaurant and mobile applications for the world's first gourmet-food-producing robots. You’ll work closely with a world-class development team to create applications for mobile and web ordering, innovative guest experience models, and blaze new ground in human/robot interfaces. You’ll be managing external and internal creative resources and communicating your vision to the engineering team.
About the Team That’s Hiring: The guest experience team is focused on the future of how people dine. We are responsible for creating beautiful interactions across every digital and physical touchpoint. We are the team that connects machines to guest experience, working on cloud applications one day and mechatronics the next. We are highly cross-functional and adept learners. We bring robotics to life and delight to our guests.
- A creative designer: You know good design when you see it, whether it’s graphic design, UI/UX, branding, and messaging. You create intuitive, usable and beautiful designs. You’re versed in sketching and wireframing software and follow design principles. You’re creative. You make magic happen and you bring delight to your users. You love adding personality and character to your designs to make them truly personable. You have a portfolio of projects at the intersection of these skills.
- Familiar with interaction design: You’re comfortable with the principles of interaction design. You imagine how an app can be different and articulate product features that persuade others that a design can be improved.
- Communicate and organize product features: You can present the product roadmap in a detailed and organized manner so that your team can understand how to prioritize development.
- Brand liaison: You’ll ensure that our digital products stay true to our brand. This includes assuring products adhere to brand guidelines and coming up with delightful new brand elements.
- Empathetic to web and mobile development: You’re familiar with web standards and how software developers work. You participate in sprint planning and you communicate effectively with software engineers.
- Be a founding member of the mobile team: you’ll manage the mobile team that is designing mobile apps that change how we eat. Momentum’s technology creates so many new ways for people to control and create the food they eat. It’s the first app that lets any customer control a commercial robot.
- Profoundly impact a new world of dining experiences: you’ll work closely with developers and product managers and have direct influence in product design at every stage of the process. You’ll span product design, UX, visual design, brand story, messaging, and user research.
- Lead end-to-end design: You’ll connect the vision set out by our guest experience team to create one-of-a-kind web and mobile apps. You’ll create a clear and compelling design direction that will guide the creation of brand assets by other resources internal and external to Momentum. This role will require you to coordinate and manage graphic designers, copywriters, public relations, branding resources, store operators, and engineers. You will coach others to create works of art that convey what we’re trying to say. Communication skills are critical. You’ll also ensure that the outcome of the product leads to delighted users. You’ll connect design to brand, business needs and user research. You’ll lead the selection of UX and UI paradigms and meticulously inspect detailed user flows.
- Modify visual assets when needed: You’ll tweak graphics and wireframes as needed when market and consumer input tells you to. You have no issue rolling up your sleeves when needed.
- Ideate: You’ll brainstorm on ideas that shape aesthetics, flow and usability. Shape the way people will interact with what they eat and how they dine. This is a new frontier.
- Send a resume and cover letter that speaks to why you’re a good fit for this role. Focus on the things about you that we won’t know from reading your resume!
- We’d love to see your portfolio or some past work.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics. We’re also committed to working with awesome people.