About Momentum Machines:
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built some interesting intellectual property.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we literally grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary team contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in the Silicon Valley.
About the Team That’s Hiring:
We're a small multidisciplinary team of engineers and fabricators who work alongside very bright robots. We all focus on making the highest-quality gourmet food.
- An experienced test technician. You have experience executing test plans, collecting and recording data. You would ideally have experience in mechanical assemblies, electronics, soldering or crimping.
- Organized and detail oriented: You’ve spent a lot of time working on spreadsheets that it’s become second nature. You can keep track of numerous tests and keep meticulous records of data and results. You would ideally have experience with task organizational tools like JIRA or Asana.
- Analytical and data driven: When data shows that things aren’t going as planned, you are the first to pick up on it and share the information with the team. Previous experience with Linux Tools Jupyter Notebook, and Python/C++ is a big plus.
- Curious: You are comfortable navigating through new software and you like to go the extra mile with learning how to best utilize the features.
- Collaborative: You can clearly express your needs and timelines and you actively listen for others’ needs and timelines. You are quick with providing updates. You like to help with tasks that may fall outside your regular responsibilities.
- Run and maintain tests: You will work closely with the engineering team and fabrication team in the operation and testing of our devices. This will be especially important as new capabilities in the system are brought online or issues pop-up in the field.
- Meticulously log tests: You will navigate software to identify what data to collect and record. We have a lot to test and we want you to own running these tests. It's fun but also requires 100% of your attention. And it will also probably be delicious.
- Explore new products: Perform exploratory testing on new-to-world designs to identify unanticipated problems and test need.
- Find out if stuff works: Conduct functional tests on electrical, mechanical, and software to ensure products function as anticipated.
- Find out how reliable things are: Conduct tests to gauge reliability and durability of designs.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.