2-3 Month Temp - Full-Time
About Momentum Machines:
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built some exciting intellectual property.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary team contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in the Silicon Valley.
About the Team That’s Hiring:
We are the team that machines, assembles, fabricates, and sometimes bangs together the autonomous burger-making device. We’re machinists, fabricators, assemblers, prototypers with automotive, aviation, and biomedical backgrounds.
- A Team Player: You understand the importance of regularly giving and receiving feedback from others - so that you improve, teammates improve, and the project/task moves forward to completion.
- A Prototyper: You take pride in your execution and are excited to show customers and peers what you’ve been working on.. To get the job done, you might need to sand, glue, screw, and drill your way there.
- Self driven: You don’t rely on others to get you motivated to get things done. You’re driven to do things to quickly and excellently. Problem solving and thinking outside the box are second nature to you.
- Build mechanical assemblies from prints. Combine machined parts, fasteners, and electronical parts to make the machine come alive.
- Modify parts from prints. Use basic tools (e.g. drivers, files, taps) to modify parts to make them achieve their intended function.
Please include in your application a resume and cover letter addressing why you think it would be good for us to collaborate.'
Please include photos or portfolio of relevant individual or work projects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We do strongly prefer working with awesome people.