Head of People Ops
About Momentum Machines:
Backed by Khosla & Google Ventures, we're a robotics company aiming to revolutionize the dining experience. Right now, we've created a robot that makes fresh gourmet food with high-quality ingredients from scratch. You’d join a team from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA, alongside our culinary team, which contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck.
When you’re doing something nobody has ever done before, the old ways can frequently come up short. At Momentum Machines, you’ll get the opportunity to be creative, to try, to fail, to learn and to succeed. You will have an appetite for risk, because that’s how we leap ahead together.
About the role: This position will be a courageous advocate for our employees and culture, while also ensuring the successful execution and delivery for operational excellence within the HR function. You will be responsible for driving the efficient setup and execution of People Programs including research, evaluation, and implementation of best practices. These initiatives include innovative and effective strategies on performance management and regulatory compliance, compensation & benefits, people analytics & reporting, and driving efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Pioneering: You’re excited to take creative control of a greenfield project.
- Autonomous: You take initiative and pitch in where it helps the most.
- Growth-minded: You promote genuine personal growth and growth in others.
- Focused on results: You plan, measure and reflect.
- Establish and lead execution of a seamless employee onboarding experience, with an induction process that creates raving fans out of employees— empowering them to productivity, as quickly as possible.
- Company Policies— Maintain and communicate HR policies and procedures across the organization.
- Health Benefits— Forward thinking methodology, design, and administration of group benefit programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life & disability insurance, flexible spending plans, and the 401(k) retirement plan. Manage Leave of Absence and Accommodations practices in accordance with federal and state policies.
- Compensation— Provide effective counsel and creativity to our founders on innovative and forward thinking compensation strategies.
- Reporting & Analytics— Through reporting, data analysis, and dashboard creation, shares actionable insights and data with the broader HR team and leadership.
- Employment Records & Data Integrity— Responsible accurate and up-to-date employment records. Oversees and maintains the company’s HRIS tool including inputting and maintaining accurate, compliant, and up-to-date employee records.
- Compliance— Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; reporting and maintaining records, among other activities.
- Time, Attendance, & Payroll— responsible for processing payroll for all employees including our exempt employee semi-monthly payroll and non-exempt employee weekly payroll.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 5+ years of related responsibility within an HR organization or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience implementing compensation and benefits programs.
- Experience launching performance management programs for positive growth.
- Partnered with founder and/or C-level management on growing positive and innovative organizational planning for positive culture development.
- Worked in a startup environment where you’ve scaled an organization through several layers of growth and positive change.
- A Team player— Possess a fantastic can-do attitude (“no” isn’t in your vocabulary) and able to adapt skills to wherever you can best contribute to the team.
- Process oriented— Looks for most efficient and effective way to do things. Establishes process.
- A critical thinker— Who uses logic to identify alternatives, evaluate, and present approaches to solve complex problems. Strong working knowledge of employment laws, HR best practices, benefits, payroll, and compensation.
Please include in your application a resume and cover letter addressing why you think it would be good for us to collaborate.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.