About Momentum Machines:
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built a beautiful and amazing device.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary teams are veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in Silicon Valley.
About the role:
The Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist will hire amazing engineers to help our team grow quickly.
- Biased towards action: Instead of waiting for detailed instructions to come to you, you seek out information and ask for advice from stakeholders. After that, you’re off to making stuff happen.
- A great juggler: Solid history of solving complex problems while being able to work collaboratively while handling multiple projects on various timelines. Actual juggling is always a plus.
- A practiced communicator: You are an excellent listener, you seek to understand where people are coming from and how they think. You can express yourself clearly to a variety of different audiences. You can sway people to your way of thinking, and convince critical hires who are on the fence to join the team. You have excellent technical communication chops.
- Experienced at hiring: You have lots of stories about the amazing candidates you’ve hired, awesome college events you’ve gone to, the best places to look for engineers and great interview questions. You’ve used all of this experience to constantly refine your technique and grow as a recruiter.
- Customer service oriented: Candidates are humans too. You deeply care about making sure every person we interact with has a positive experience.
- Familiar with the tools of the trade: You know where to go looking for active and passive candidates, and how to use those sites efficiently. You can leverage ATS systems to their fullest potential and move candidates through the pipeline quickly.
- Mechanically inclined: If a hiring lead tells you that they need someone who can use CAD to do FEA on actuated systems and design tooling. You would feel comfortable writing a JD and interviewing for this role. Bonus points if you have a technical background.
- Develop great JDs and internal scorecards: Work with engineering teams to discover their needs, then do additional research about the role so that you can write JDs even cooler than this one.
- Source top talent: Develop and execute comprehensive sourcing plans. Advertise in the best places for excellent active candidates. Engage in extensive outbound recruiting to find those passive candidates who would be perfect for our team. You will be a leading contributor to our internal and external brand and actively help us recruit for diversity and eliminate implicit bias.
- Screen candidates: Use our internal scorecards to review resumes and conduct initial phone interviews.
- Coordinate interviews: Own the entire interviewing process for your candidates and roles. This includes helping to build out our skills database and interview questions; coaching interviewers on submitting thorough feedback, following up about candidates, and doing the administrative coordination.
- Lead with your humanity: Provide an excellent and caring experience for candidates, whether or not they’re the right fit for us.
Please include in your application a resume and cover letter addressing why you think it would be good for us to collaborate.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.