The prep cook position is a supportive role and will entail various tasks in the kitchen. This position includes, but is not limited to, the ability to read, understand and execute on recipes, knife skills, and proper safety and sanitation procedures. You must have previous kitchen prep experience to apply.
Example of responsibilities: These are essential functions and the percentages are estimates only.
• 50% - Preparation of base items, i.e. sauces, portioning goods, ingredient processing, etc
• 30% - Preparation and packing menu items
• 10% - Cleaning of the line and work areas on a consistent basis and as directed by the chef
• 10% - Keeping line stocked with necessary goods and communicating any shortages to chef promptly
Specific job knowledge/ability: Individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to understand, read and speak English
• Ability to perform basic food safety and sanitation practices and be ServSafe certified
• Ability to handle a knife and other sharp objects with extreme caution and skill
• Ability to convert measurements
• Ability to work in a fast paced and stressful environment
• Ability to work as a team player and communicate with co-workers effectively
• Ability to listen to and follow direction
Supportive function: In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform any combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely at the discretion of the department manager, which may be based upon the particular requirements of that day.
• Deep cleaning projects
• Inventory control and ordering
• Transport of food
• Recipe validation
• Perform any and all other duties asked of you related to the operation of the restaurant
Experience: At least one to two years of experience as a prep cook in a fast paced high volume environment.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.