Hardware Reliability Engineer
About Momentum Machines:
Backed by Khosla & Google Ventures, we're a robotics company aiming to revolutionize the dining experience. Right now, we've created a robot that makes fresh gourmet food with high-quality ingredients from scratch. You’d join a team from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA, alongside our culinary team, which contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck.
When you’re doing something nobody has ever done before, the old ways can frequently come up short. At Momentum Machines, you’ll get the opportunity to be creative, to try, to fail, to learn and to succeed. You will have an appetite for risk, because that’s how we leap ahead together.
- An experienced reliability engineer. You have at least 4 years of experience working with an engineering team, product team and outside partners to define standards, specify and execute performance tests, and report data.
- A collaborator. You’ll utilize the team’s knowledge and external partners in combination with your robust knowledge of testing to lead validation and test plans.
- Hands on throughout the full design cycle. You err towards the side of caution by testing early on in the design process.
- Methodical when diagnosing what our needs are and then turning that into actionable next steps. You have strong knowledge of statistical and probability distributions to offer recommendations in resolving reliability issues. You’re diligent about monitoring performance and quick to act on any problematic findings by applying methodologies such as DFMEA.
- Detail-oriented. You’re meticulous about taking clear and concise notes for documentation.
- Craft our design for reliability. You will create our reliability plan with goals and quantifiable results. You will establish the reliability tests. You’ll create a culture of continuous improvement and inspire best practices by writing guidelines, providing feedback, solutions, applying innovative metrics and measurements, planning DOEs, and benchmarking the state of the art in comparable industries, technologies and companies.
- Work with the product team to understand reliability needs. You will use the data to continuously improve test and analysis practices. You will assist during design reviews and test activities.
- Work with our engineering team to develop test plans. You’ll manage DFMEA. You will compile and analyze performance reports and process control statistics.
- Synthesize reliability needs into targets. You’ll analyze failure data and author defect tracking items and reliability test reports. You will ensure that corrective measures meet reliability standards.
- Use team and external resources to lead the validation and test plans. You will utilize statistical, prediction, and reliability software tools.
- Please include in your application a resume and cover letter addressing why you think it would be good for us to collaborate.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.