Head of Talent
About Momentum Machines:
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built a beautiful and amazing device.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary teams are veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in the Silicon Valley.
- An experienced recruiter: We’re looking for the knowledge, insight and leadership that comes with 7+ years of experience leading a team of recruiters. If you’ve gained these skills without the years, we’re looking forward to hearing about it.
- A growth veteran: You’ve been at the helm as teams double, triple or quadruple (quintuple even!) This kind of growth is still a challenge, but feels like an old friend.
- An industry technology expert: You know how to leverage ATS systems to their fullest potential. You can move candidates through the pipeline quickly, collect maximum data, and use that data to make excellent decisions. (We use and like Lever. If you don’t, we’re eager to know why you like something else.)
- A letter and spirit of the law kind of person: You know all of the relevant employment and labor laws and industry standards. But more than that, you seek to go above and beyond to treat everyone fairly and well.
- A diversity advocate: We want to build the best organization possible. And there is plenty of evidence that shows diversity is a leading contributor to awesomeness (and is right thing to do.) You know how to recruit for a diverse pipeline and instill interviewing practices that reduce implicit bias.
- An innovator: “It’s how we’ve always done it” doesn’t fly with you. You’re excited by setting the new standards for how world-class recruiting is done.
- A practiced communicator: You are an excellent listener, you seek to understand where people are coming from and how they think. You can express yourself clearly to a variety of different audiences. You can sway people to your way of thinking, and convince critical hires who are on the fence to join the team. And you have excellent technical communication chops.
- Hire amazing talent: Own the full lifecycle of the hiring process: source candidates, manage the screening & interviewing process, extend & negotiate offers.
- Process our process: We’ve put a lot of effort into hiring well. But we know that you can do it better!
- Show us the data: Collect data from internal and external sources and then leverage that data to track KPIs, make process changes, and recruiting decisions. Help us improve our ROI and source and hire the best candidates using data.
- Source candidates: You’re a hunter, not a gatherer. Leverage your network, our networks and “the network” (LinkedIn and beyond) to source amazing candidates. We will be looking for top talent individuals to staff every role from executive to entry.
- Get your hands dirty: You’re going to be helping us grow our team. For a while, that means that you will be crafting job postings, managing job boards, attending career fairs and doing interviews.
- Make plans: We have industry leaders in robotics, mechanical engineering, embedded systems, branding, and sales. Work with them to develop hiring plans and strategies.
- Tell our story: Be a leading contributor to our internal and external brand. We think we’re awesome, you’re going to think we’re awesome - we want to make sure all the potential candidates know it too.
Please include in your application a resume and cover letter addressing why you think it would be good for us to collaborate.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.