About Momentum Machines:
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built some interesting intellectual property.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary team contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in the Silicon Valley.
About the Team That’s Hiring:
We are: the team that machines, assembles, fabricates, and sometimes bangs together the autonomous burger-making device. the robot. We’re machinists, fabricators, assemblers, and prototypers.
Automotive, aviation, biomedical.
- Self driven: You don’t rely on others to get you motivated to get things done. You’re driven to do things to quickly and excellently. Problem solving and thinking outside the box are second nature to you.
- Learning focused: You love learning new things. You’re always looking to level up and understand new fabrication methods and skills.
- Mechanically inclined: You know your way around a workshop and you’re not scared to take things apart. Maybe you don’t know how to use a waterjet, but it’s definitely on your “to-learn” list.
- A team player: You are willing to put in the extra time required to get the project done. You understand the importance of regularly giving and receiving feedback from others.
- Build assemblies from prints. Combine machined parts, fasteners, electronics and a little magic to make the machine come alive.
- Make parts from prints. Use the lathe, waterjet, welder or other methods to create parts from 3D models and prints. Don’t know how to use one of these? That’s okay, we can help you take classes.
- Learn new skills. We mentioned classes right? Take it upon yourself to be the most productive you can be.
- Be an organizational wiz. Help make sure the shop and office run efficiently as possible. Learn our systems and then make them better.
Send a resume and cover letter that explains why we should collaborate .
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.