About Momentum Machines
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built a beautiful and amazing device.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we literally grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary teams are veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in the Silicon Valley.
About the team that's hiring
We are a multidisciplinary team that is passionate about operations, cleanliness and thoroughly testing prototypes. We take precision, quality, and thoroughness very seriously. We are responsible for testing prototypes, giving feedback to other teams, managing test operations, and ensuring that our space is spotless at all times.
- Autonomous: you take initiative to do what needs doing; you’re achievement-oriented and compelled by an internal desire to do your best.
- Technically Inclined: you pick up mechanical processes quickly and can easily figure out how to disassemble and assemble various systems.
- Meticulous: you approach tasks with clarity and complete them with the utmost quality. You sacrifice nothing to make sure you've done everything in your power to make sure you've completed every task perfectly.
- Heavy Lifter: you can lift some heavy stuff, not too heavy, but heavy enough that we have to list it here. You should be able to lift something like 40 pounds.
- A team player: You are a contributing member of the team. You are willing to put in the extra time required to get the project done. You are also receptive to feedback from others.
- Keep our test space spotless: We test with food and as a result, things can get messy. You'll be responsible for keeping our test space and our technology spotless at all times.
- Thoroughly test our technology: We have a lot to test and we want you to own running these tests. It's fun but also requires 100% of your attention. And it will also probably be delicious.
- Report back to and collaborate with other teams: You're going to notice things that could be better. You'll need to catalogue and report them back to other team members so we can improve what we're doing. Your ideas and observations will be incredibly important to our success.
- Be Flexible: Some weeks we test a lot, some weeks we only test a few days. You will be joining the team on some late nights or some early mornings. There will always be coffee.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.