Mechanical Engineering Intern
About Momentum Machines:
Founded in 2009 and located in San Francisco’s South of Market neighborhood, Momentum Machines is a small collective of food lovers and engineers with decades of robotics and restaurant experience. In the past five-plus years, we’ve solved many difficult engineering and manufacturing challenges, helped each other grow, and built some interesting intellectual property.
Our first device makes gourmet burgers from scratch. Not only do we grind the meat to order, we also slice tomatoes, onions, pickles, and a brioche roll fresh for you. Accented by an infinitely personalizable variety of produce, seasonings, and sauces, you can get exactly what you’re craving. Serving a burger this great at such affordable prices would be impossible without culinary automation.
We’re building an engineering-focused group of analytic and creative individuals. The team consists of roboticists from institutions including Berkeley and Stanford and firms like Tesla and NASA. Our culinary team contains veterans of Chez Panisse and Fat Duck. Our advisors include experts across fields like engineering, culinary, design, intellectual property, and even a NRN Restaurant Operator of the Year Award winner. Additionally, we’re further advised and supported by some of the top investors in the Silicon Valley.
- CAD savvy: You have experience with 3D modeling and print making. You are thorough and precise when using CAD. Bonus points if you’re solid with Solidworks or capable with CATIA.
- A spreadsheet master: You know your way around Excel and Google Sheets. You enjoy pivot tables and clean data.
- A printmaker: You can work with engineers to update drawings and prints. Big plus if you know GD&T.
- An excellent technical communicator: You actively listen for and identify the team’s needs, anticipate priorities and keep the team apprised of relevant information.
- Be the BOM: Review and update our bill of materials to ensure that our database matches reality.
- Update models & prints: Assess and measure modified parts, update our CAD files and then generate updated prints.
- Modify designs: Work with our amazingly talented engineers to update our designs to increase performance or/and manufacturability.
Please include in your application a resume and cover letter addressing why you think it would be good for us to collaborate.
Momentum Machines doesn’t discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We’re committed to being a team that reflects a broad range of experience, thought, geography, age, background, gender, sexual orientation, language, culture and many other characteristics.