Robotic Systems Design Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Robotic Systems /
Momentus provides in-space transportation services. To do this, we are building and operating orbit transfer vehicles which carry spacecraft from the orbit where they are initially dropped-off to their final orbit where they need to be to perform their mission.
In order to reduce costs and increase our on-orbit service capability, Momentus will need to add robotic capability to our vehicles to enable rendezvous, proximity, and berthing operations (RPO).
Momentus is seeking talented robotic systems engineers, control systems engineers, spacecraft systems engineers, electrical engineers, software engineers, and mechanical engineers to help us reach our next step up in capability.
- Research and create algorithms for rendezvous and robotic operations in space
- Design systems architecture for robotic systems and related control systems
- Perform detailed trade studies for systems architectures
- Manage subcontracts for component procurements including detailed requirements definition
- Define concept of RPO and robotic operations and assist in creating testing and assembly procedures
- Maintain knowledgebase of relevant technology in the robotics and space industry
- Support the writing of proposals by providing technical content and review
- Work closely with other teams to support design trades where performance of robotic systems is critical
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS and/or MS in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent and 2-6 years relevant work experience
- Alternatively: PhD in Electrical Engineering, Robotics, Optimal Control Theory, or equivalent
- Experience with implementing optimal control theory in robotic systems
- Experience with designing robotic/autonomous systems architectures
- Preferred: Experience with space operations or orbital simulation
- Preferred: Experience with a variety of programming languages (preferred one of more of: Python, Matlab, Fortran, and C++)
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.