Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Engineer /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a DevOps engineer to support software platforms for on-orbit operation. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on projects all aspects of the software life cycle.
- Architect, develop, and deploy continuous integration and cloud processes to support satellite operations team
- Configure and maintain both cloud and on-site computing resources supporting on-orbit operations and ground testing
- Assist with application and API development
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft testing and operations
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience with Docker
- Experience configuring and maintaining continuous integration pipelines on Jenkins or similar platforms.
- Experience with either:
- o Micro-service development and deployment
- o IoT application development and deployment
- Knowledge of Python and application development in python.
- Experience with configuring and deploying databases such as Mysql, Postgre, MongoDB, InfluxDB, and/or Elasticsearch.
- Familiar with Linux configuration and administration.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with software testing and quality assurance
- Experience supporting application development in C, C++, and Julia.
- Familiarity with spacecraft and/or orbital mechanics highly preferred
Education & Work Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering, or a closely related discipline, plus 1 year relevant experience.
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.