Santa Clara, California /
Momentus provides in-space transportation services to spacecraft large and small, helping them reach their final destination. To do this, we are building in-space shuttles that carry satellites and spacecraft from the orbits that rockets leave them off in to where they need to operate in space.
Our in-space shuttles are propelled by a revolutionary new type of water plasma rocket. No one has
experimented with or built water plasma propulsion on the scale that we are, and so we are hiring to scale our company for continued success. As Head Manufacturing & Production you will:
- Design and build the required infrastructure to plan, procure and manufacture vehicles
- Development of supplier contracts to support, price, delivery lead times and quantities.
- Provide cost, schedule and quality improvement plans
- Provide status of supplier deliveries and corrective action plans
- Provide development and implementation of efficient supply chain strategies
- Identifies and monitors the production capacity and resources need to ensure that customer delivery requirements and company objectives are met
- Manage and evaluate machine resources to ensure productivity and minimal downtime, determine what goes in house vs out of house development
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines: Machines Shop and Spacecraft Production
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Regularly Communicate any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Develop manufacturing documentation that ensures repeatability, reliability, quality and conformance to design.
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
Professional Experience Sought:
- 10+ years' experience in manufacturing operations
- 2+ years' experience in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in implementation of LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, JIT procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
Software Platforms Used
- Microsoft Office Suite
- ERP & MRP systems
Salary and option compensation are commensurate with experience and training and competitive with Series A level Silicon Valley space startups but with exceptionally good benefits.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara California.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.