Solar Array & Battery Technician
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Solar Engineer/ Technician /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We seek a hands-on, detail-oriented Solar Array & Battery Technician who will serve as a key member of a close-knit and diverse team to support the development of our solar array and battery systems. The ideal candidate we are looking for thrives under extremely fast development cycles and can work autonomously.
- Work with spaceflight hardware
- Assemble hardware and electrical harnesses from mechanical drawings, assembly procedures and schematics
- Support assembly, integration, and testing of qualification and flight solar array and battery components
- Work with design engineers and test engineers to improve quality of test results and test hardware
- Support operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment for testing purposes (vacuum chambers, thermal shock chambers, pumps, compressors, power supplies)
- Perform troubleshooting of vacuum systems, cooling systems, or electrical test subsystems
Required Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years as a technician in a laboratory or production environment
- Experience with high voltage electrical systems (>100 V), preferably batteries
- Experience with resistance spot welding
- Background in creating custom test setups for characterization of electrical sub assemblies
- Assembly and handling of hardware, electromechanical systems, electrical systems and components
- Assembly of space flight hardware, particularly solar array systems and components
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment
- Assembling wiring harnesses including crimped and soldered terminals, and soldering of high reliability assemblies
- Hand tools and familiarity with use of CNC
- Familiarity with CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with battery cycler equipment (Arbin)
- Experience or comfortable working with PCB etching chemicals
- Familiar with adhesives application, surface preparation and/or vacuum bag techniques
Position is open to AA degrees or equivalent in training, experience, or certifications. Strong references and a history of positive working relationships will be key for successful applicant. A friendly disposition and a proven strong work ethic are also key.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.