Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – GNC Engineer /
Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space ranging from LEO to Deep Space. Our spacecraft are propelled by a new type of electric propulsion system (microwave electrothermal) using water as a propellant. Momentus is the first to demonstrate this type of thruster in space.
Momentus is seeking a highly talented Guidance, Navigation, and Controls engineer to develop algorithms for orbit trajectory optimization, perform spacecraft control system design and analyses, and develop methods for cost-effective navigation using GPS (near Earth) and without GEO, Lunar, and Deep Space.
- Primary: develop technical approaches to navigation using GPS for LEO orbits, and without for GEO, Lunar, and Deep Space
- Primary: implement navigation algorithms in ground software
- Primary: support orbit determination and conjunction assessment activities for on-orbit vehicles
- Primary: support spacecraft product teams in developing spacecraft guidance, navigation, and control system architectures for flight vehicle control, rendezvous and proximity operations, and spacecraft servicing operations
- Secondary: develop optimized orbit change trajectories for in-space transportation among Earth orbits, and for Earth-Moon and Moon-Mars transport missions
- Secondary: develop requirements for robotics systems used to support berthing and servicing operations
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MS or PHD in Engineering, Physics, or related technical field
- Degree specialization or work experience in spacecraft guidance, navigation, and controls
- Background in deep space navigation a strong plus
- Desire to embody Momentus’ core value of Daring Innovation to take risks and develop innovative solutions on rapid timelines
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.