Senior/Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Software Engineers /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Develop mission critical embedded software for custom space hardware including flight computers, propulsion systems, attitude sensors, and communication systems. Apply your experience as an embedded software engineer in making critical architecture decisions and mentoring junior engineers. Write code that flies in space on vehicles around the Earth, Moon, and soon other planets!
- Develop high-reliability embedded software for spacecraft avionics
- Help implement tools to assist in the software development process including tools for regression testing, HITL testing, and continuous integration
- Support development of avionics units from requirements definition, to firmware development and testing, through on-orbit operation
- Assist hardware engineers in component selection and defining system architecture
- Mentor 2 or 3 junior software engineers in software development best practices
- Define software architecture for individual flight systems
- Lead a team of 3 to 5 embedded software engineers
- Define overall architecture of vehicle embedded software
- Define embedded software development and test process
- Plan software sprints for a team of engineers and determine priorities for feature development
For a Senior role:
For a Lead role:
- BS in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, or similar technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of software engineers
For a Lead Role:
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in C/C++ for microcontrollers
- Familiar with ARM Cortex architecture microprocessors
- Experience with embedded software test practices including unit testing, software-in-the-loop (SITL) testing, hardware-in-the-loop (HITL) testing, and regression testing
- Familiar with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
- Familiar with Linux operating systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Familiar with microcontroller peripherals such as ADCs, timers, memory interfaces, etc.
- Familiar with high-speed digital interface including SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, and USB
- Familiar with best-practices for mission-critical embedded software such as static memory allocation; timing analysis; fault detection, isolation, and recover; etc.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.