Spacecraft Operations Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Spacecraft Test and Operations Engineer /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking an aerospace engineer to support spacecraft operations. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on projects ranging from mission design, mission planning, spacecraft testing, on-orbit operations, and anomaly resolution.
- Develop spacecraft con-ops plans and simulations.
- Develop mission planning, orbit determination, and other software tools to support on-orbit operations.
- Assist with configuration and testing of flight software.
- Support spacecraft checkout and testing prior to launch.
- Support on-orbit operations and flight anomaly resolution activities
- Support spacecraft systems engineering team.
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft testing and operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Python software development
- Experience with FreeFlyer, STK, or similar software tools for mission design, analysis, and planning
- Experience with using basic data analysis to validate system performance and identify anomalies.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding of spacecraft avionics functions, failure modes and debugging strategies
- Understanding of orbital mechanics and orbit-determination strategies
- Experience simulating, testing, and debugging spacecraft guidance, navigation, and control systems.
Education & Work Experience
- Minimum: BS in Engineering plus 1 year relevant experience,
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.