Spacecraft Systems Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Spacecraft Systems Engineer /
Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space ranging from LEO to Deep Space. Our spacecraft are propelled by a new type of electric propulsion system (microwave electrothermal) using water as a propellant. Momentus is the first to demonstrate this type of thruster in space.
Momentus is seeking an experienced systems engineer with robotics or controls familiarity to lead the technical effort to transform our expendable in-space transport spacecraft into fully reusable vehicles capable of in-space rendezvous and robotic capture. This effort will involve working with external suppliers/partners as well as internal specialists over a several year project. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience working as a systems engineer on a space project, and have experience working on projects that included development of guidance, navigation, spacecraft controls, or robotics.
- Work with product management to refine system level functional and performance requirements
- Lead trade studies to determine the optimal system architecture and allocation of system element requirements
- Coordinate the technical trades and development of both external suppliers/partners and internal design teams to achieve the project’s technical and programmatic objectives
- Manage system risks associated with the development
- Develop a high-level verification and flight demonstration plan for capabilities to reduce risks prior to the first commercial mission
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MS or PHD in Engineering, Physics, or related technical field
- 3-5 years minimum experience as a systems engineer on a space-related project
- Background in controls or robotics is a plus
- Desire to embody Momentus’ core value of Daring Innovation to take risks and develop innovative solutions on rapid timelines
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.