Santa Clara, California /
G&A – Quality Management /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Quality Engineer to support the Product Delivery and Support teams. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys contributing to the continuous improvement of space-rated electronics, electromechanical assemblies, propulsion systems, advanced materials and fabrication processes, all performed in modern manufacturing and clean-room facilities.
- Document procedures and practices as they are developed by design, manufacturing, and operational functions in order provide instructions for subsequent repetitious and conformal procedures and practices.
- Collaborate and partner with Manufacturing Engineers and Production Managers to define, plan, execute and successfully measure the entire production and new product introduction life cycle within Momentus facilities
- Review, draft, and provide constructive feedback on test documentation, including test reports and procedures
- Participate in test readiness reviews and post-teste reviews
- Tailor external standards for use by Momentus
- Update standards previously adopted by Momentus
- Research and document trends in performance of manufacturing, design, and operational activities
- Resolve issues arising from non-conformances at receiving inspection according to the guidelines in ISO 27025 Space systems — Programme management — Quality assurance requirements
- Create preventative maintenance and certification plan associated with manufacturing standard operating procedures
- Proactively investigate, identify and proposed solutions for problems within production and new product development environments
- Direct quality technicians to implement preventative maintenance regime
- Review the calibration register maintained by the calibration technician
- Be one of multiple signatories on engineering drawings, test procedures, and other approved and controlled documented information to ensure that they adhere to all applicable standards formally accepted by the organization
- Review Risk Management documentation from development and manufacturing activities
- Perform Audits of controlled processes across the engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing organization
- Draft policies, procedures, and processes in close collaboration with subject matter experts, process owners, and management.
- Organize non-conformance review board (material review board) events and documentation according to the guidelines in ISO 23461 Space systems — Programme management — Non-conformance control system
- Provide recommendations and analysis on waiver requests according to the guidelines in ISO 21886 Space systems — Configuration management
Required Skills and Experience
- Statistical analysis skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to prepare and present complex engineering analysis, information, and recommendations to varied audiences of coworkers and managers
- Very strong attention to detail
- Ability to generate accurate and compliant documentation
- Ability to understand technical documentation, including specification, procedures, standards, requirements, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings produced to ASME Y14.5 (GD&T) standards
- Ability to perform numerical analysis of large quantities of similar data
- Strong proficiency in Windows PC usage, and Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Deep curiosity of how things work and a desire to learn more
- Empathy and respect for coworkers and authority
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional team members on a dynamic schedule
- Ability to work independently, while also directing groups of upto 5 technicians and related Quality personnel
- Operation and maintenance of calibrated tools and calibrated tools databases
- Experience managing the calibration of tools
- Experience leading others
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering, Quality Control, Quality assurance, or related discipline in an aerospace or defense environment
- Experience training others
- Experience establishing the initial use of software at a company for configuration management, risk management, quality management, and non conformance management.
- Experience with Document management practices and software
- Experience using or managing SharePoint libraries
- Experience and familiarity with other relevant quality control and engineering standards for the aerospace industry.
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- BS degree in quality, industrial, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, or a closely related discipline
- Five years of experience in Quality Engineering, Quality Control, Quality assurance, or related discipline in an aerospace or defense environment
- Experience using software for configuration management, risk management, quality management, and non conformance management.
- Experience and understanding of specific quality standards, including:
ISO 9001 Quality management systems — Requirements
SAE AS9100D - Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.