Associate Thermal Analyst
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Spacecraft Thermal Engineer /
The Associate Thermal Analyst will participate in the thermal design and analysis of flight spacecraft and will follow programs through execution of assembly, integration, and test. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapting to new challenges.
- Thermal design and analysis of spacecraft and spacecraft components.
- Work with mechanical design engineers to ensure all components are maintained within acceptable temperature limits.
- Source, spec, and procure thermal hardware.
- Work with systems engineering team to run TVAC testing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience with detailed thermal analysis of spacecraft at the system and component levels.
- Experience using Thermal Desktop to build and run thermal models of spacecraft in various space environments.
- Experience defining requirements for thermal systems and components.
- Familiarity with thermal hardware such as heat pipes, heat pumps, louvers, heat straps, phase change materials, and radiators.
- Familiarity with the space environment and how it affects hardware.
- Familiarity with material selection and material coatings for space applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience designing, manufacturing, and testing space hardware with demonstrated on-orbit success.
- Experience running TVAC tests.
Education & Work Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree plus 2-5 years relevant experience.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â 1324b(a)(3) is required.