Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – GNC Engineer /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a guidance, navigation, and control engineer to support spacecraft design and operations. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working with complex real-world systems.
- Setup and analyze high fidelity simulations to validate spacecraft/mission design.
- Configure and monitor the performance of flight attitude control and navigation systems.
- Support on-orbit anomaly resolution related to attitude control and navigation systems.
- Support the development of mission design, simulation, and validation software for attitude control and navigation systems.
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft testing and operations.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of Python, C++, C
- Background in spacecraft attitude control, navigation, and/or orbit determination.
- Experience with STK, FreeFlyer, or similar
- Experience analyzing and evaluating controller performance from telemetry.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience testing and evaluating the performance of attitude control sensors and actuators.
- Experience with developing and scaling complex simulations in either cloud or cluster computing environments.
- Familiarity with industry standard software development practices.
- Familiarity with Linux and Unix systems.
- Familiarity with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, InfluxDB, or Elasticsearch,
- Familiar with Julia and/or Fortran
Education & Work Experience
- MS degree focused on GNC Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.