Santa Clara, California /
Momentus is the first company to offer the infrastructure services necessary to enable enterprise and human existence to flourish in space. We are striving to meet the needs of our customers by offering the most affordable last-mile satellite and cargo delivery, payload hosting, and in-orbit servicing options. Our in-space shuttles are propelled by a revolutionary new type of water plasma rocket. No one has experimented with or built water plasma propulsion on the scale that we are, and so we are hiring to scale our company for continued success. Our technological breakthroughs paired with recent disruptions in the launch industry unlock business opportunities in space of a previously unimaginable magnitude. The market opportunity is massive, with the space economy projected to be worth trillions in the near term. At Momentus, we are helping to usher in the next industrial revolution—in space.
We know that daring problems require daring solutions. While our competitors take more conservative, proven approaches, we are experimenting with never-been-done-before technology to solve the greatest challenges of our time. Our team knows that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating an entirely new market in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Momentus is seeking an experienced IT Manager to support our rapid growth and mature our IT operations.
- Oversee day to day IT operations ensuring the highest level of security and compliance.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Manage IT staff including recruitment, training and performance evaluations.
- Monitor performance of IT systems to determine lifecycle cost and productivity levels, and to make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop procedures, processes, DR plans, instructions and other materials as necessary.
- Oversee end user support activities and training
- Support and expand high performance compute servers to meet engineering requirements.
- Expert understanding of Government IT Security requirements (ITAR, NIST 800-171 etc.)
- Broad experience administrating corporate IT environments locally and in the cloud (Microsoft 365, Gsuite, AD, Networking etc.)
- Proven experience managing IT infrastructure and services
- Minimum 5 years managing a fully staffed IT Department.
- Experiencing managing a multicampus, multinational environment
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- Experience deploying and supporting engineering specific applications. (PTC, Winchill PLM, Solidworks, Matlab, NetSuite, etc)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training.
This is a full time position in Santa Clara, California.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â1324b(a)(3) is required.