Santa Clara, California /
G&A – Quality Management /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Quality Inspector to support the Product Delivery and Support teams. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys contributing to the continuous improvement of space-rated electronics, electromechanical assemblies, propulsion systems, advanced materials and fabrication processes, all performed in modern manufacturing and clean-room facilities.
- Prepare for inspections by gathering specification, procedures, standards, and other material
- Witness procedures and document observations during fabrication, assembly, integration and test at all levels of spacecraft production
- Inspect material to evaluate compliance to specifications
- Synthesize reports of trends across multiple controlled and documented operations of the same type
- Perform receiving inspection of purchased materials
- Document non-conformances, support identification of causes and corrective actions
- Maintain non conformance database
- Generate suggestions and recommendations for improving the efficacy, safety, integrity, and transparency of procedures and operations
- Acts with integrity, transparency, and with a high regard for safety of persons and property
- Participates in training to achieve competency to inspect new processes and products
- Establish and maintain a database of calibrated tools
- Identify and handle needs for tool repair and initiate repair action with calibration vendor
- Trains others on proper use and handling of calibrated tools
- Perform Calibration and generate certificates on tools that are not sent out to a vendor to be calibrated
- Confirm that calibrated tools continue to perform their function to the level of accuracy necessary using reference materials
- Use calibrated tools to take measurements according to documented procedures for the use of those tools
Required Skills and Experience
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Has a high attention to detail
- Ability to generate accurate and compliant documentation
- Ability to understand technical documentation, including specification, procedures, standards, requirements, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings produced to ASME Y14.5 (GD&T) standards
- Ability to perform numerical analysis of large quantities of similar data
- Proficiency in Windows PC usage, and Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel and Word
- Critical thinking skills
- Deep curiosity of how things work and a desire to learn more
- Empathy and respect for coworkers and authority
- Working closely with cross-functional team members on a dynamic schedule
- Ability to work independently
- Respect for authority
- Ability to present complex information to coworkers and managers
- Operation and maintenance of calibrated tools and calibrated tools databases
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience with Quality Inspection and Control in aerospace or an equivalent field
- Supporting receiving inspection
- Experience training others
- Experience and understanding of specific quality standards, including:
- ISO 10012 Measurement Management Systems - Requirements for Measurement Processes and Measuring Equipment
- ISO 9001 Quality management systems — Requirements
- SAE AS9100D - Quality Management Systems - Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
- ISO Guide 33 Reference materials — Good practice in using reference materials
Minimum Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Three years of experience with Quality Inspection and Control in aerospace or an equivalent field
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.