Director of Human Resources
Santa Clara, California /
Human Resources /
Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space. Our spacecraft are propelled by a new type of electric propulsion system (microwave electrothermal) which uses water as a propellant. Momentus is the first to demonstrate this type of thruster in space.
People are our most important asset. We seek a creative and positive person with a diverse set of business capabilities to play an integral role on our senior team as Head of People.
We are looking for a Human Resource Director that will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department. Someone who will focus on Employee development and wellness, and on ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Overall architecting and building our HR team including Compensation and Benefits, Employee Relations, Recruiting and Organizational Development as we grow.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required including
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Professional Experience Sought
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency in major HR disciplines including
- Compensation and Benefits- Ability to understand market level compensation structures for our team and provide a comprehensive benefits program
- Employee Relations-Provide daily interaction with Management and the team as a whole
- Recruiting- Help us build a recruiting function as we continue to scale our team
- Employee and Organizational Development-Help us evolve and grow in our collective and individual journeys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated sill in strategic thinking.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least seven years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.