Spacecraft Integration Technician
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Spacecraft Engineer /
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
The Spacecraft Integration Technician will work directly with the Lead Spacecraft Integration Technician and perform a variety of tasks in support of fabrication, integration and test of space flight systems and support equipment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Fabricate, assemble, install, repair, test, checkout and inspect mechanical spacecraft assemblies by interpreting blueprints, engineering drawings and specifications, and written assembly, integration and test procedures.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct malfunctions of mechanical spacecraft assemblies by modification, rework, repair, and/or performing maintenance and testing.
- Perform second party verifications and visually inspect mechanical assemblies to drawings, engineering specifications, and written assembly, integration and test procedures.
- Operate various materials handling equipment including forklifts, overhead cranes, aerial lift equipment, flight vehicle and sub-assembly transportation equipment, truck/tractor trailer combinations and other GSE as required (training will be provided as required).
- Perform routine functions such as daily clean up, organization of work area, and stocking of consumables as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Industry certification, Trade School training and/or Military experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience in mechanical assembly on high reliability products preferably aerospace/space/aviation
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequent standing, sitting, stopping, kneeling, crawling, and squatting is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs to transfer or move tools, parts, equipment, containers and materials.
- Able to work in normal office as well as inside and outside industrial working environments.
- Possess the ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Have ability to fly on regular commercial airlines to offsite locations and launch facilities.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 15%) to other launch sites or customer facilities as necessary.
- Must be willing to work 50+ hours a week (overtime) when necessary to support launch and critical project timelines, flexibility required.
- Ability to work at elevated heights or on ladders up to 100 ft.
- Typically exposed to work in clean room with hair, face, and shoe covers
- Capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools. Included but not limited to: CNC Mill, CNC router, drill press, grinders, chop saw, power and hand tools.
- Trained in the use of forklifts and overhead cranes
- Able to operate standard computer software (Microsoft office and ERP), equipment and keyboards.
- Familiar with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include, but not limited to, filtered respirators, SCAPE (Self Contained Atmospheric Protective Ensemble), portable air packs, and splash suits.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.