Systems Architecture Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Architecture Engineering /
Momentus provides in-space transportation services. To do this, we are building and operating orbit transfer vehicles which carry spacecraft from the orbit where they are initially dropped-off to their final orbit where they need to be to perform their mission.
In order to continuing leading the in-space transportation industry, Momentus is working now to design the next generation of orbit transportation vehicles.
Momentus is seeking talented systems engineers, system architects, spacecraft engineers, mechanical engineers, and physicists to help us design our next generation of advanced spacecraft.
- Work within a team to design the systems architecture for spacecraft with various sizes and use cases
- Manage system trade studies using a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach
- Perform detailed trade studies for all spacecraft sub-systems
- Assist with the creation of conceptual spacecraft designs
- Create and maintain sets of system requirement definitions
- Work with product managers to incorporate market-based requirements and trade study drivers
- Maintain knowledgebase of relevant technology in the space industry
- Work closely with other engineers to get supporting technical information for design trades
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS and/or MS in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent and 4-8 years relevant work experience
- Alternatively: Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Physics, or equivalent and 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience with performing spacecraft system designs and trade studies
- Preferred: Experience with spacecraft detailed design, spacecraft manufacture, and/or spacecraft operations
- Preferred: Experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Preferred: Experience with a variety of programming languages (preferred one of more of: Python, Matlab, Fortran, and C++)
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.