Product Manager for In-Space Services
Santa Clara, California /
Product Manager /
Momentus provides in-space transportation services. To do this, we are building and operating orbit transfer vehicles which carry spacecraft from the orbit where they are initially dropped-off to their final orbit where they need to be to perform their mission.
In order to ensure we are always providing the best service for our customers at the right price, Momentus is developing a comprehensive life-cycle product management process.
Momentus is seeking talented product managers, systems engineers, and market analysts to help us define our next generation of services as well as products used to deliver them.
- Manage the process of new product formulation and systems architecture requirements definition
- Create and maintain systems for quickly analyzing the market-driven outcomes of conceptual design trades
- Create and maintain systems for analyzing the profitability status of existing product and service lines
- Develop plans for improvement of existing product lines
- Work closely with the business development team to ensure market data is being incorporated into models correctly
- Work closely with the engineering, manufacturing, and production team to ensure company costs are being incorporated into models correctly
- Work closely with the systems architecture team to ensure requirement definitions and systems engineering models correctly incorporate all known parameters accurately
- Maintain documentation defining all product capabilities and customer interfaces
- Support the writing of proposals by providing content and reviewing content for accuracy
- Research and maintain knowledge base of competing services in the industry
Desired Skills and Experience:
- BS in Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent) plus an MBA (or equivalent) preferably with 2-4 years of product management experience
- Alternatively: BA in Business (or equivalent) plus an MS in Aerospace Engineering (or equivalent) with 2-4 years of product management experience
- Alternatively: 4-8 years of relevant product management experience
- Experience with product management in the space industry
- Preferred: Experience with orbital mechanics
- Preferred: Experience with model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Preferred: Experience with a variety of programming languages (preferred one of more of: Python, Matlab, Fortran, and C++)
Salary and option compensation is commensurate with experience and training. This is a full time position in Santa Clara, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.