Santa Clara, California /
Momentus is the first company to offer the infrastructure services necessary to enable enterprise and human existence to flourish in space. We are striving to meet the needs of our customers by offering the most affordable last-mile satellite and cargo delivery, payload hosting, and in-orbit servicing options. Our in-space shuttles are propelled by a revolutionary new type of water plasma rocket. No one has experimented with or built water plasma propulsion on the scale that we are, and so we are hiring to scale our company for continued success. Our technological breakthroughs paired with recent disruptions in the launch industry unlock business opportunities in space of a previously unimaginable magnitude. The market opportunity is massive, with the space economy projected to be worth trillions in the near term. At Momentus, we are helping to usher in the next industrial revolution—in space.
We know that daring problems require daring solutions. While our competitors take more conservative, proven approaches, we are experimenting with never-been-done-before technology to solve the greatest challenges of our time. Our team knows that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating an entirely new market in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Momentus is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Senior Accountant to join our growing organization. In this position, you will handle accounting operations within the company, verify financial records and transactions. You must have a keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Fixed asset processing and reporting.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Reconcile credit card accounts.
- Reconcile and maintain prepaids and deposit accounts.
- Research and reconcile account discrepancies.
- Auditing and verifying documents.
- Problem-solver - you enjoy being presented with problems, because you deliver solutions and enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute and deliver results.
- Accountable - you take ownership over outcomes and are comfortable owning some of our most important public facing information.
- Self-starter - you take initiative and thrive in environments that require you to wear multiple hats.
- Builder - you enjoy building and rebuilding processes and building relationships to drive consensus across teams, influence decision making, and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical - you know the highest impact questions to ask and can dive into the data and do the analysis required to answer those questions.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 8 years industry experience.
- Good Phone Communications Skills.
- Strong Computer Skills.
- Accuracy in daily work and other projects.
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with vendors and other employees.
- Ability to function as a team player.
- Experience with QuickBooks online, Bill.com, Expensify and NetSuite is preferable.
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.