Propulsion Lab and Hardware Technician
Santa Clara, California /
Technicians – Propulsion Lab and Hardware Technician /
Momentus is providing in-space transportation services by building spacecraft that carry satellites and hosted payloads between orbits in space. Our spacecraft are propelled by a new type of electric propulsion system (microwave electrothermal) which uses water as a propellant. Momentus is the first to demonstrate this type of thruster in space.
We seek a hands-on, detail-oriented Propulsion Lab and Hardware Technician who will serve as a key member of a close-knit and diverse team to support the development of our propulsion systems. The ideal candidate we are looking for thrives under extremely fast development cycles and can work autonomously.
- 7+ years as a technician in a laboratory or production environment
- Assembly and handling of
- Electromechanical systems
- Electrical systems and components
- Vacuum systems and components
- Fluid and gas fittings and components
- Assembly of space flight hardware, particularly propulsion systems and components
- TIG and/or laser welding experience
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment
- Assembling wiring harnesses including crimped and soldered terminals, and soldering of high reliability assemblies
- Hand tools and familiarity with use of CNC
- Familiarity with CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Microscopy and inspection
- Assemble hardware from mechanical and fluid system drawings, assembly procedures, and schematics
- Support operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment for testing purposes (vacuum chambers, pumps, compressors, power supplies, cooling systems)
- Perform troubleshooting of vacuum systems, cooling systems, or electrical test subsystems
- Work with design engineers and test engineers to improve quality of test results and test hardware
- Support assembly, integration, and testing of qualification and flight propulsion components
Position is open to AA degrees or equivalent in training, experience, or certifications. Strong references and a history of positive working relationships will be key for successful applicant. A friendly disposition and a proven strong work ethic are also key. This position is open to US citizens and permanent residents. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.