Spacecraft Operations Software Engineer
Santa Clara, California /
Engineers – Spacecraft Engineer /
Momentus is the first company to offer the infrastructure services necessary to enable enterprise and human existence to flourish in space. We are striving to meet the needs of our customers by offering the most affordable last-mile satellite and cargo delivery, payload hosting, and in-orbit servicing options. Our in-space shuttles are propelled by a revolutionary new type of water plasma rocket. No one has experimented with or built water plasma propulsion on the scale that we are, and so we are hiring to scale our company for continued success. Our technological breakthroughs paired with recent disruptions in the launch industry unlock business opportunities in space of a previously unimaginable magnitude. The market opportunity is massive, with the space economy projected to be worth trillions in the near term. At Momentus, we are helping to usher in the next industrial revolution—in space.
We know that daring problems require daring solutions. While our competitors take more conservative, proven approaches, we are experimenting with never-been-done-before technology to solve the greatest challenges of our time. Our team knows that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating an entirely new market in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
Momentus is seeking a high performing, high energy software engineer to develop software applications that support spacecraft testing and operations. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on projects ranging from low-level drivers to large multi-faceted software systems.
- Validate, test, and extend vendor and/or open source software packages
- Develop software applications to support spacecraft automation & testing
- Develop software applications to support on-orbit operations
- Support on-orbit operations and flight anomaly resolution activities
- This position will occasionally require flexible working hours including nights and weekends to support spacecraft testing and operations
Required Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of spacecraft operations, astrodynamics, and/or spacecraft GNC (Guidance, Navigation, and Control)
- Extensive knowledge of Python, C++, C
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with either
- Micro-service development and deployment
- IoT application development
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent technical communications skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with web/cloud application development and deployment
- Experience working in a DevOps environment
- Experience with IoT device development, deployment, and automation
- Familiar with Mysql, Postgre, MongoDB, InfluxDB, and/or Elasticsearch
- Familiar with Linux server configuration and administration.
- BS degree in Engineering, or a closely related discipline
Education & Work Experience:
This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. Â§ 1324b(a)(3) is required.